Opinion James Graham

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The best Bulldog of the past decade. Wish him all the best, champion.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was never the same after that Souths game
I'll never be able to rap my head around that, Graham and Klemmer turned so soft after that game, I know that there was a bit of tension after the club through them under the sword a little with their response but still, it was like they were a shadow of themselves after that game.

Love Jammer though!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is Graham’s 17th season of top grade rugby league (that’s not even including juniors or reserve or development squads etc).

No matter how fit you are or how much passion you have. That has to take its toll on an athlete. Let alone a prop forward.

The amount of times the guy has been smashed or knocked out cold can not be calculated.

The guy did his job. Was an enforcer for us. But we never had a game plan to utilise his skills properly outside of 2012-2013. And didn’t have the playmakers 2014-2017 to make him more effective.

True bulldog, true warrior, true champion and competitor. But his used by date is gone. He can still have his moments in nrl. But will never be the player we knew and had from early on.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt on the physical side but if he adapted his game to allow Ogden and Napa to bully up front while he (Graham) picks on halfbacks etc. His aggression would have suited Dean Pay too!
To think Hasler wanted Aaron Woods in preference to Graham is the kind of lunacy that skittles us as a competitive aggressive footy team. The fact Pay couldnt offload Woods quick enough shows we should never of let Graham go.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
i'm also a huge fan of jammer but his best years were when we first had him as a sub at the 30-min mark, he was always bending the defence backwards. and then in 2014 when he was basically a halfback. unfortunately the captaincy didn't help lift his game to another level. still full of heart though.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is Graham’s 17th season of top grade rugby league (that’s not even including juniors or reserve or development squads etc).

No matter how fit you are or how much passion you have. That has to take its toll on an athlete. Let alone a prop forward.

The amount of times the guy has been smashed or knocked out cold can not be calculated.

The guy did his job. Was an enforcer for us. But we never had a game plan to utilise his skills properly outside of 2012-2013. And didn’t have the playmakers 2014-2017 to make him more effective.

True bulldog, true warrior, true champion and competitor. But his used by date is gone. He can still have his moments in nrl. But will never be the player we knew and had from early on.
Great post mate. He's played 391 games of club football to be exact. Then you throw in all the Jnr football and rep football he's played (43 tests), and it really is just a staggering amount of football for a prop forward to have played. Deadset warrior alright.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Loved him heart . I wasn't a fan of him style hit the ground. Never seemed to want to bust through and pump the pale legs.
Having a think about it and he wasn't a 1 out forward. Not his style. He Was more old school where I think playing off a 7 or 9 would have been more suitable. The loss of Ennis may have affected his game. At the end he had to go due to cap but shows you where we were as a club . We lost our values that our last 2 captains got released.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s amazing how differently we look at him and Klemmer isn’t it?

All of my Dragons mates love Graham, they talk about what he brings to the club in general and his impact on the young guys, they’re probably the things I miss the most about him.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorely missed his experience and leadership would have been invaluable in the rebuild

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s amazing how differently we look at him and Klemmer isn’t it?

All of my Dragons mates love Graham, they talk about what he brings to the club in general and his impact on the young guys, they’re probably the things I miss the most about him.
He was definitely a personality at the club. The boys looked demoralized when he got moved on.. I hope when he retires we can give him a job at the club in some capacity.

It's also a shame Des persisted with using him as a battering Ram for so long.. it really nullified his skillset.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham was never the same after Black Friday.
Fkn raylene.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he was great for us. We loved him and you could see how much he loved the club, one of my all time favourites. Was sad to see him leave the club the way he had to but he had so much class that he didnt cause a fuss and never talks a bad word about us even now. The fact he let reynolds lead the team out when he knew it would be his last game aswell says alot about the man. I hope if he stays in oz after his career he reconnects with our club. Great bloke to have around

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was definitely a personality at the club. The boys looked demoralized when he got moved on.. I hope when he retires we can give him a job at the club in some capacity.
This. Would be great to just have him around the club in some capacity. He actually seemed to understand the bulldogs culture and always gave 100% regardless of what was on the scoreboard.

Past his best now sadly but probably still better than a lot of other front rowers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To think Hasler wanted Aaron Woods in preference to Graham is the kind of lunacy that skittles us as a competitive aggressive footy team. The fact Pay couldnt offload Woods quick enough shows we should never of let Graham go.
Not just that but then to hear the moron Klemmer complain about his mates being let go. What the hell did he expect when we signed woods? we couldn't afford to keep woods, klemmer and graham.

In any case, I absolutely hate the dragons but found myself cheering for them when they played klemmer's newcastle last week.

As someone above said, Graham is a true bulldog and remembered by us fans, while I'm sure the whole lot of us would give klemmer non stop shit

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never seen a guy be illegally tackled as much as he has, without the refs blowing a penalty.

Credit to him, he always got up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Missed his passion and craziness but the new names are getting the hang of Bulldog desire to succeed.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An absolute legend of the game regardless of who you follow.
He has given the game so much and plays with heart and passion every single week for almost 400 games at the top level.
He definitely should be rewarded once he retires from NRL in a hall of fame of some sort and no doubt, I would love to see him in a role at our club.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved watching him go full mental on opposition forward packs and anyone else that stood in front of him but black friday took the fire out of the bloke he never had quite the same intensity after that match.Thanks for some great memories jammar