James Graham stunned the Bulldogs would try to move on coach Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CANTERBURY skipper James Graham admits he was stunned when he heard Des Hasler was almost forced out of the club and says the Bulldogs couldn’t have a better coach to lead them.

Graham, who’s in the UK preparing for England’s Four Nations opener against New Zealand this weekend, was about to board a plane back to the UK when Hasler was fighting for his job.

“I am absolutely, one hundred per cent behind Des Hasler,” Graham said.

“I was completely taken aback when it was all happening, I was just leaving Sydney to come back home and I was totally shocked.

“Myself and the playing group want Des in charge. I don’t know what all the facts are, but all of the players want him there.”

Hasler’s five-year reign at the club looked like coming to an end after club great and board member Steve Mortimer claimed the Bulldogs had lost their DNA under the former Manly mentor.

An emergency board meeting was held after the offer of a two-year contract extension was shelved.

This was despite the team qualifying for two premiership deciders under Hasler and reaching the finals every season since his arrival in late 2011.

However, a poor finish to the 2016 campaign, culminating in a meek finals exit to Penrith led to some disgruntlement among certain club powerbrokers with Mortimer, who has since resigned from the board, the most vocal.

“Steve is very passionate and he wants to see us do better,” Graham said. “He loves the Bulldogs, we all do, and we all want us to do better. He said some things ... but he cares.

“You want people at the club who care and Des cares just as much as anyone else. “He is so determined to get things right with this group of players. You have to see it to believe how hard he works, it’s incredible.”

Looks like graham is starting to show the effects of all those concussions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like graham is starting to show the effects of all those concussions.
Haha

I'm starting to wonder if John Novak was a psychologist or a hypnotherapist. Everyone on the team and the board are so cracked I'm thinking they are either on drugs or they have been hypnotised to thinking Hasler is god. Hypnotism will also explain the game plan :p haha

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol well he isnt going to publically discredit the current coach... he may like playinh for des but if he doesnt he would shut his mouth and put on a smile

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
So the board and the players have shown support for hasler but the fans still think they have their chops down.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So the board and the players have shown support for hasler but the fans still think they have their chops down.

The board has to due to contractual obligations, and the players have to support him to keep their place on the team, its a no win situation and we the fans have to cop it for another year

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board has to due to contractual obligations, and the players have to support him to keep their place on the team, its a no win situation and we the fans have to cop it for another year
Yet it was the Board that fuckin created this media mess.. they put themselves out there acting all hard yet Hasler still came out on top. fukn ludicrous.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The supporters are stunned the team doesn't know what to do once it makes its way down to the oppositions try line.

Reactions: DT

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This just convinces me that our players are soft and have got use to the easy life.....it would seem that more of this rotten disease needs cutting out than I first thought. I'm sure JG would not publicly condemn the coach but if he does want Des gone he could have just said nothing. I initially thought Just Des, his Manly free loaders and She-rex but when we finally get rid of Des than our CEO should walk into the dressing room and offer any player who wants to go......there's the fucking door ladies!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What else would you expect any captain to say to the media?

They all just refer to their cliches and talking points.

Politicians answers from all players these days.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
What else would you expect any captain to say to the media?

They all just refer to their cliches and talking points.

Politicians answers from all players these days.
that's why all the manly players are bagging him now he's gone

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every single player always says how hard he works and is the first one in and last one to leave. I would love to see what he does in that time when the game plan hasn't changed in 4 years.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
do what would you suggest, keep slinging shit like monkeys in a cage or look for the positives and support the club?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
when we finally get rid of Des than our CEO should walk into the dressing room and offer any player who wants to go......there's the fucking door ladies
I agree with this.
We should fire des, then offer every player a release, but only to go to des' new club (assuming he finds one). Then we would see whose on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.