James Graham slams 'outrage culture' that has crept into NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, real men hate PC culture.

Snowflakes call it Politically Correctness, but it really stands for poofter culture. Weak ***** using feelings to dictate their pathetic lives.
Yeah its pathetic alright.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Truth be told his point of view is pretty much what every other player ( well excluding some like Cronk who has come out and expressed disappointment) in the game would have, although heaven help them if the NRL get wind of it.

Yeah, Jimmy is close to the kid but a lot he says rings true and echoes the sentiments of many here and from other supporter bases who are absolutely fed up with the media agenda and the skewed vision of those at the top of the NRL tree.

Bet Todd is peeved at this article because it shows that not all are sheep who blindly toe the line of political correctness.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a great way to distract from the real issues of the nrl "semi final team cheating the cap" by fining us such a big amount that will make headlines for a few days. Fuck you Greenturd and your whole corrupt organisation! 250k what a joke!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Truth be told his point of view is pretty much what every other player ( well excluding some like Cronk who has come out and expressed disappointment) in the game would have, although heaven help them if the NRL get wind of it.

Yeah, Jimmy is close to the kid but a lot he says rings true and echoes the sentiments of many here and from other supporter bases who are absolutely fed up with the media agenda and the skewed vision of those at the top of the NRL tree.

Bet Todd is peeved at this article because it shows that not all are sheep who blindly toe the line of political correctness.
Cooper Cronk is a media lackey now... he’s got to do what he is told

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
""I read an article where a journalist was saying if he had gone in there he'd be intimidated, but he wouldn't have been allowed in. It was a private party,'' Graham said."

Spot on. I hate the current emotionally driven hamster wheel that is modern society.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny how the DT complain about outrage culture and political correctness, then spear-head that same outrage and P.C. over something so minor.

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd Greenturd is overcompensating in an effort to show he is impartial and unbiased, whilst Andrew Hill is a spineless and weak leader. Worst CEO i have ever heard address media at a press conference.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have got to say, I was one of the first that praised the new Administration for what they did this year but if they treat their players and supporters like this I won’t be supporting them at the next election. Disgraceful reply from the club today they need to grow some balls and use some of that money and fight for our club. We were set up and it’s obvious we were targeted to take the pressure of the sharks with their cap and their players podcast outburst. Funny how they were let off for giving the game a bad name. The telecrap runs the NRL there’s no doubt about it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have got to say, I was one of the first that praised the new Administration for what they did this year but if they treat their players and supporters like this I won’t be supporting them at the next election. Disgraceful reply from the club today they need to grow some balls and use some of that money and fight for our club. We were set up and it’s obvious we were targeted to take the pressure of the sharks with their cap and their players podcast outburst. Funny how they were let off for giving the game a bad name. The telecrap runs the NRL there’s no doubt about it.
As best as I can find, all Fafita and Dugan got was a warning from their club, nothing from the NRL for the podcast and the spray at the coach a slap on the wrist once again from the club.The Cronulla club itself apologized to Rothfield and his employer, surprise, the Telegraph...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Former Canterbury captain James Graham has slammed the "outrage culture" that had crept into the game after being left stunned by the sensational fallout to the Bulldogs' Mad Monday celebrations.

The NRL hit the Bulldogs with a record $250,000 fine on Thursday before the club fined four players - Adam Elliott, Marcelo Montoya, Asipeli Fine and Zac Woolford - a combined $70,000.

Hit hard: Canterbury's Adam Elliott was fined $25,000 over his conduct on Mad Monday.

Photo: AAP
The sanctions came two days after images of Bulldogs players partying at the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks were published by News Corp.

Elliott, who was fined $25,000, has found himself at the centre of the controversy after being photographed dancing nude on a table at the pub.

Graham has been taken aback by the firestorm around his former club's Mad Monday festivities and said he had taken time out from St George Illawarra's finals campaign to contact good friend and former teammate Elliott.

"I'm not a fan of the outrage culture, I'm not a fan of the telescopic lenses, I'm not a fan of some of the cheap media that has been around it," Graham said.

"There have been some stories I've read ... it's just so cheap. People need to be careful about what they want and where this sport is going.

"When you talk about having access to players for media and for fans, do you think this will help?"

Graham issued a defence of 23-year-old second-rower Elliott, saying the "past few days don't define who he is".

"He has done so much for the community. He studied for however many years at uni while trying to make it as an NRL player. That's better than what I have done," Graham said.

"The stuff he does for his [autistic] brother, the stuff he does in the greater community .... and the very fact people criticised him by saying he was due to go in for surgery. They don't realise he's been in pain and been putting off that surgery for three months just to get through the season.

"Yet people want to personally attack him for what you could argue was over-indulging. It's also a strange one in terms of why Canterbury's Mad Monday was the only one photographed. There were seven other teams.

"I reckon if you went to every club's Mad Monday you would find something for the outraged mob to be outraged about. Some of the people in the outrage culture don't understand team dynamics and the different people within the team, the personality types and traits, and what makes it click."

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the proposed six-figure penalty reflected the seriousness of the behaviour and the damage which had been caused to the game.

Yet the governing body did nothing to come down on Cronulla pair Josh Dugan and Andrew Fifita a couple of weeks earlier after they embarrassed the game with a foul-mouthed podcast, where they attacked a senior journalist, and Fifita even poked fun at deliberately spilling a row of supporters' beers at a Melbourne game.

Elliott only a couple of weeks ago praised Graham for standing by him when he was trying to break into first grade and recalled how the English prop walked into former coach Des Hasler's office and demanded he play.

While Elliott's nudity in a public bar and the graphic images of players vomiting on the street left the game with a black eye in week one of the semi-finals, Graham pointed out that the Bulldogs were meant to be enjoying a private party.

It has also been suggested it would have been almost impossible to see the players on the third floor of the pub from the street.

"I read an article where a journalist was saying if he had gone in there he'd be intimidated, but he wouldn't have been allowed in. It was a private party,'' Graham said.

"Go somewhere else. If I walked into a pub and it was full of opposing fans from a different club, I'd just walk out, especially if I was getting abuse or felt uneasy. There are plenty of pubs in Sydney."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...-that-has-crept-into-nrl-20180906-p5026d.html
Well how good is that.. what a guy.. no wonder he played for us.. also this is the 2nd time smh has I guess kind off supported us. We could do with some more please smh we definitely have an enemy in telecrap.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well how good is that.. what a guy.. no wonder he played for us.. also this is the 2nd time smh has I guess kind off supported us. We could do with some more please smh we definitely have an enemy in telecrap.
Bro, SMH arent supporting us, they are just putting the boot into their rival tabloid.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, SMH arent supporting us, they are just putting the boot into their rival tabloid.
Yeah I was half hearted in saying that and I guess reading something the opposite to what the telecrap was saying was a bit of a relief. I know there rivals.

Hans Gruber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bang on, Jammer. Nothing but respect. Sorry to see him leave. Rock solid club legend.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I was half hearted in saying that and I guess reading something the opposite to what the telecrap was saying was a bit of a relief. I know there rivals.
I hear you bro, even though they aren't helping us directly, as long as they put down their rivals it's a win for us and everyone against the nrl.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well, real men hate PC culture.

Snowflakes call it Politically Correctness, but it really stands for poofter culture. Weak ***** using feelings to dictate their pathetic lives.
This was driven by the telegraph. A known right wing, anti pc news source. They pander to political correctness only when it suits their agenda of beating up on a footy club that represents a heavily ethnic demographic.

Both right and left wing forces are at play here.

Agreed about Jammer, though. He’s far from pc.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This was driven by the telegraph. A known tight ring, anti pc news source. They pander yo political correctness only when it suits their agenda of beating up on a footy club that represents a heavily ethnic demographic.

Both right and left wing forces are at play here.

Agreed about Jammer, though. He’s far from pc.
Always said that, the demographics that control the media's agendas hates the demographics of the Bulldogs. That's why the jewsters are protected because they share the same demographics of the media.

PS fuck the left and right wing, I just prefer facts, not feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.