James Graham - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any news on Graham about his shoulder?

I still reckon that Roosters random hitman'd Graham at a crucial time with that shoulder charge, if Graham knew the should charge was allowed then he would of been ready for it but he wasn't. This is a perfect example of not expecting something damaging because of the rules but a player does it and you get injured from it NRL need to either remove the rule or come down very heavy on it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Should have ben sent off for it. You can't attack the head with the shoulder.

Fuck all mentioned about it in the media (not suprised).

Graham is one tough bugger and has taken some masssive hits, so to take him out like that took a thug shot for sure.

Pity it'll impact Dylan Napa's career but he'll be well paid for his suspension I'm sure.

Grahams reaction showed it was a Dog shot "Ahh you Fookin Twat". Nappa is probably lucky we don't play them again at the moment, and that he didn't return.. it would have been a "run at me coont" moment all over again, with Graham destroying the bloke.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have ben sent off for it. You can't attack the head with the shoulder.

Fuck all mentioned about it in the media (not suprised).

Graham is one tough bugger and has taken some masssive hits, so to take him out like that took a thug shot for sure.

Pity it'll impact Dylan Napa's career but he'll be well paid for his suspension I'm sure.

Grahams reaction showed it was a Dog shot "Ahh you Fookin Twat". Nappa is probably lucky we don't play them again at the moment, and that he didn't return.. it would have been a "run at me coont" moment all over again, with Graham destroying the bloke.
Graham is receiving alot of unneeded contact these days, coaches have to learn you can't hitman/injure a player on purpose and tonight was a perfect example of it. There was intent to shoulder charge a player who wasn't even ready/aware it was going to happen.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the point of banning the shoulder charge if someone can shoulder charge another player in the head (which results in them not being able to play on) and all that happens is they go on report?

He will obviously be suspended so why isn't it a send off offence? It isn't fair we lose a player and they don't.

Now we get no benefit, but the next rooster opponents do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I pray he is ok because we won't win a game without him

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's the point of banning the shoulder charge if someone can shoulder charge another player in the head (which results in them not being able to play on) and all that happens is they go on report?

He will obviously be suspended so why isn't it a send off offence? It isn't fair we lose a player and they don't.

That's the issue isn't it? We lose our main strike weapon, and the chooks pay for it by having a full line-up while our forwards tire.

Graham is attacked around the head in every game. This is the only time I have seen a penalty from it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly, if players are still going to do it and get small suspensions whats the point of the report call. If a player uses a shoulder charge and it actually injures a player where they can't play they should be marched for using an illegal tactic to hurt a player.

Wasn't the point of banning the should charge to cause less injury to players?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the issue isn't it? We lose our main strike weapon, and the chooks pay for it by having a full line-up while our forwards tire.

Graham is attacked around the head in every game. This is the only time I have seen a penalty from it.
As I said before he is receiving alot of illegeal/unwanted contact to his neck/head area, coaches should know that other teams players need to be safe aswell.

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
got a pass to the dressing room.
Graham's arm was in a sling - looked like it was an arm injury
he DID NOT look happy - not one bit - hope he is ok - wasn't a good vibe at all coming from him - hope injury is not too bad

Ennis and Tollman seemed upset - not at all happy with the result. You could see they REALLY care. And did not like losing one bit.
Frank Pritchard was his happy self - and appreciated quite a few people congratulating him for a big effort.
Williams stood around and signed autographs - and took pictures with kids. he needs to step up...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
got a pass to the dressing room.
Graham's arm was in a sling - looked like it was an arm injury
he DID NOT look happy - not one bit - hope he is ok - wasn't a good vibe at all coming from him - hope injury is not too bad

Ennis and Tollman seemed upset - not at all happy with the result. You could see they REALLY care. And did not like losing one bit.
Frank Pritchard was his happy self - and appreciated quite a few people congratulating him for a big effort.
Williams stood around and signed autographs - and took pictures with kids. he needs to step up...
Saw footage of him in the dressing room he looked very angry/furious by his facial and body movements. I would be upset with how we had to lose that game from dud refereeing decisions that actually hurt us.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly, if players are still going to do it and get small suspensions whats the point of the report call. If a player uses a shoulder charge and it actually injures a player where they can't play they should be marched for using an illegal tactic to hurt a player.

Wasn't the point of banning the should charge to cause less injury to players?
100 % agree on this matter. Nrl refs are not supporting the rules as they should.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he wasn't marched as Roosters kicked up a stink about JWH being sent off the other week.

Hope Grahams arm was just a precaution... we really need him :(

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any updates on his injury. I hope he is all good!

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think we need to start with Kas and bring graham off the bench it's just not working for us

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I really think we need to start with Kas and bring graham off the bench it's just not working for us
How do you figure that? Des has only done the Graham starting thing the last 2 weeks, and Graham went off before halftime injured last night. And we beat Manly at Brookvale the first time he tried it last week. Weird comment. If you were being sarcastic, it still is a weird comment lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.