JAMES GAVET to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Their backline and halves are going to ooze speed, skill and youth plus Moses and and Brooks will be their halves with Tedesco at the back

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Sironen
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
1. Tedesco will play about 3-6 games before his knee explodes again.
2. Nofo drops more balls than he carries.
3. Simona was largely unwanted last year, but has talent.
4. Sironen isn't too bad.
5. Naiqama was absolutely shit in the State Championship. NSW Cup material.
6. Moses is largely untested.
7. Brooks cracks under pressure.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a promising forward who wouldn't come with a massive price tag. I think that Bennetts move to sign Packer was also in the hopes of getting a good forward for below the market rate. I'd guess Packer still wants market rate though hence the failure to sign him. Bennett is pretty wiley about his signings. He will take on players that other clubs would cock their noses at because of their off field issues and often enough gets them reformed and playing to their potential. I'd say Hannant left because he knows Bennett won't pay the dollars he expects. It was no coincidence that Hannant moved to the Bulldogs when he hit the origin arena and his price tag would have jumped. Bennett has always made do with budget forwards where possible and Hannant fell out of that category and was forced to move or play for loyalty I would guess. Gavet could really do well out of this move. If he works hard enough i think Bennett could add some finishing touches to his game and turn him into a really good player.

The Broncos may show plenty of improvement next year. If their forwards step up they have some pretty unpredictable players to do their thing behind the pack. The pace of the game these days means that guys like Milford and Barba should do well when forwards tire. If they can get Hunt steering the team around well then they will have plenty of spark in attack even playing with a simple game plan.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So James has been with the Warriors, Bulldogs, Tigers and now Broncos. Good luck to him.
Warriors u20s then we took him so that means nothing, 1 game for us before contract was ripped up which was a worrying sign, 2 years at Tigers playing only 1 year because of injury then asked for a release. Not like he was kicked out of 3 clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.