Jake Simpkin

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can’t land B Smith or Clarke, we should look at this kid in the Tigers system Jake Simpkin, asks a lot of questions in attack, smart and has some pace, only 19... looks a talent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good suggestion! I've mentioned Simpkin recently too. I have no idea why Madge plays not only Liddle but Mbye also ahead of him as well when he's the best junior hooker around at the moment.

Plus he seemed impressive in the trials. Hopefully he can be lured away. It would be typical of the Tigers to lose him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good suggestion! I've mentioned Simpkin recently too. I have no idea why Madge plays not only Liddle but Mbye also ahead of him as well when he's the best junior hooker around at the moment.

Plus he seemed impressive in the trials. Hopefully he can be lured away. It would be typical of the Tigers to lose him.
And not to mention .. name is a good ring to it lol.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watching NSW cup today and knew I'd see his name mentioned on the forum somewhere. But yes I agree he's good

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simpkin aye! "Yes ill never forget that name".

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers won’t let him walk

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised that Simpkins is not getting a run considering that puff piece written on him by the Telegraph with the undoubted contribution of the Tigers club

Malla

Reaction score
Doubt Tigers would let him go. Liddle is a fill in. Simpkin looks like their long term hooker.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Harry Grant’s 2022 contract is a player option?

surely we would dangle a lucrative carrot if that’s the case, one that couldn’t be refused and if that didn’t pan out, B Smith is next followed by Clarke ... we can’t afford another gap year for a #9

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Queenslanders Cameron Munster (signed until 2023) and Grant (mutual option for 2023) have both been publicly touted as marquee signing targets by Brisbane Jets spokesman Nick Livermore.

The breakout 2020 campaigns of Grant and Papenhuyzen (signed until 2022) has both in line for sizeable upgrades from their current contracts, with Storm officials discussing long-term offers internally".