Reaction score
He does play and favour the left edge
Awesome right arm fend

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a wonderful asset to the club.

Well spoken, humble, and driven.

Exactly the qualities we need in players coming through.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has lost a fair bit of weight in that video - crash diet or not well?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks like he's got a bit of that David Stagg mold to him.. the quiet worker that does the extra 1% that makes all the difference. We've missed a player like him that would tackle his own mother and always be reliable on a game day

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed by him when I watched this interview last year when he first signed with the Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest I haven't been this excited about a young recruit for a long time. At last, one of those blokes that no other club noticed, the sort of diamond in the rough that Melbourne usually find (and we used to all the time). Hope he's the first of many in this next run.

And I know he's proven nothing yet, but I'm backing him in big time.
Get used to it albatross, we have Preston Oloapu Matalavea-Booth Matai Pele Samrani Xerri Wilson these players seems to have something special about them, the list goes on and on but Preston seems to be a very good player as well as a future leader.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really like this kid, seems grounded and really well spoken!

On another note, can’t believe how much weight Gus has lost - he looks a tad unwell to me but hoping it’s just the volume of weight lost.
He's getting himself fit, to replace Flanagan at halfback.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A modest young man with a good head on his shoulders. If he delivers on his potential, he could become one of our best.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First trials he reminded me of David Stagg but for Gus to say to him his in the mould of a young JJ… wow
Hope he develops into captain material and a long future with our club. Hopefully a diamond in the rough, since we found him at Norths he might be more appreciative for his next contract and stay with the Dogs without a bidding war going on!

We cant afford to keep buying the TPJs Kikaus

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really like this kid, seems grounded and really well spoken!

On another note, can’t believe how much weight Gus has lost - he looks a tad unwell to me but hoping it’s just the volume of weight lost.
Yeh agree. Those heavy bags under the eyes look quite large. As you say perhaps it’s all the weight he’s lost…makes him look a little gaunt (?). Mind you a few years ago while in ch9 commentary he suddenly appeared with white longish thin hair. He was unwell then, if I recall. Resumed his old appearance once he recovered

Reactions: ATT

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do it then talk about it. -Warren ( wok ) Ryan.
So when the interviewer ask "how do you think you will go this season" he is supposed to say "I'm not permitted to comment, some wanker on TK told me that I was only allowed to talk about it after I had already done it".

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus has lost a fair bit of weight in that video - crash diet or not well?
I feel like he is ill. He looks terrible for his age, and I feel like the last 24 months his aging has accelerated