Jake Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blocker roach is saying that it's insulting to Pearce to say he could learn off cronk.

Let's not kid ourselves here.. every time it's the big time Pearce chokes. He hasn't won an origin, a premiership pretty much fell into his lap.. what else has he done? I'd relish the opportunity to work along side someone like cronk, no matter how old I am.

That's the attitude that keeps nsw down. I can't believe blocker said that.
I agree with Blocker.

It's not like Pearce is a rookie with 12 years in the NRL ahead of him. Pearce is moving towards his latter years. Let's call a spade a spade. Cronk is being brought in to replace Pearce, not develop Pearce, it's as simple as that.

Pearce was coached by Johns and I'm sure he learnt plenty from him as well as many others. I'm on record as someone who doesn't rate Pearce. You can teach him lots of new things which he will understand and retain, but in the end he does not seem to have the ability to execute those ideas well when under pressure, which create the failings you mention. Cronk won't change that at all.

Replace Pearce if you want to - and if you have no salary cap that applies - but don't humiliate him by then saying Cronk is there to develop him into a better player.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Roosters lose only Friend from their top 17 and sign Teddy and Cronk.

We lose Graham, Reynolds and Kasiano from our 17 and sign Woods and Foran.

Hektik.
What about Guerra, SKD, Watson, Evans? Don’t let the truth get in the way of your hatred .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about Guerra, SKD, Watson, Evans? Don’t let the truth get in the way of your hatred .
Watson n Evans were on chips, n skd n guerra together would be lucky to cover teddy! Don't forget resigned players like Pearce who would of got a pay rise on an already hefty wage! But the killer is napa who was on chips before and now signed a contract as a main stay of the qld pack n starting forward for them this year! Salary cap took a big hit with him by himself

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watson n Evans were on chips, n skd n guerra together would be lucky to cover teddy! Don't forget resigned players like Pearce who would of got a pay rise on an already hefty wage! But the killer is napa who was on chips before and now signed a contract as a main stay of the qld pack n starting forward for them this year! Salary cap took a big hit with him by himself
Watson 120K Evans 200K Guerra 400K SKD 350K. Over 1M & the cap went up to 9.3M,
Tell me how the hell did the Storm keep Slater Cronk Smith plus another 7 internationals under the cap ?
It’s just a bit sad that people are jealous of the Roosters. They manage the cap better than most & don’t pay overs like others.
What about Brisbane’s origin roster ???
The Sharks have 6 current origin players .
Again, it’s the talk poppy syndrome.
Really sad.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell me how the hell did the Storm keep Slater Cronk Smith plus another 7 internationals under the cap ?
It’s just a bit sad that people are jealous of the Roosters. They manage the cap better than most & don’t pay overs like others.
Really sad.
All those clubs mentioned are all rorters!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sad.
No major arguments there are question marks re the other clubs you mention but the obvious teams seem to be the Roosters and the Broncos. Both have built strong rosters, kept their stars, signed new stars, only lose the players they don't want and keep doing it all the time.

I'd say with the Sharks they are tightarses who go for good players at a lower value e.g. Maloney, Barba, Fifita (after the Dogs deal fell through). They're even prepared to lose Maloney rather than pay him what he's worth which is a combination of Flannagan's ego and plain stupidity. It's like Shane Flannagan models himself on Sam Allardyce.

Storm have continually lost players and rebuilt regularly.the current team is stacked with a lot ofgood players so yes a potential question mark. With the big 3 nearing the end and losing Cronk the focus now seems to be about keeping a strong squad. We'll see within a year or two how it all looks.

The useless NRL only have one option. They need to nominate either a points or notional cap $ value for every player that is criteria and milestone based, a total squad points/value limit, as well as a set number of players per team. Then because it doesn't matter what the real amount is that a player earns, elite players can stay in the game because their real earnings aren't limited and teams can no longer rort the cap. Currently TPAs and the NRLs inability to properly monitor payments makes the cap a joke.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You're forgetting Fergo, Gordon, Matterson and Tupou all got resigned and upgraded. Plus look at their roster... lots of other reasonable/big money players (Liu, Taukeaho, Mitchell, JWH, Keary).

Then add Friend, Cordner, Pearce, Tedesco.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, the rooster lover on here has changed his tune.

Wasn't there a thread about Cronk being $1.01 to retire, then another about him coming to the bulldogs now he's gone into defensive mode when Cronk is going to the roosters.

And nobody wants to defend the roosters on a bulldogs website, fancy that.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever thinks Roosters signing Cronk isn’t BS, you need to wake up! But I guess when you have the board below you can get whoever and whatever you want! They have the backing to give players whatever TPA they desire!

5E715E90-05DA-4E69-A5E3-22894E84694A.jpeg
0E3777F3-55BF-4E04-B70F-F1DD1079A6B2.jpeg
554A4939-6D83-4E0D-8331-EE01E3277C26.jpeg
207D9743-2DE5-4AB6-8E87-021F7C6A3C6B.jpeg
AC26F688-E958-43A6-9C06-3BC67DE85CF1.jpeg

With a board like this you can buy the entire league, probably twice over!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really sad.
With respect having spoken to players managers. They tell me that Roosters DO play overs especially for young talent as they don't have much of their own. They generally buy talent not develop it. Plenty of brown paper bags involved too as if we didn't already know that.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're forgetting Fergo, Gordon, Matterson and Tupou all got resigned and upgraded. Plus look at their roster... lots of other reasonable/big money players (Liu, Taukeaho, Mitchell, JWH, Keary).

Then add Friend, Cordner, Pearce, Tedesco.
Not quite. Tupou , Ferguson & Gordon did not get upgraded. In fact Gordon & Fergo were signed cheap. Tupou is on 220K. Liu is on 200K Taukeiaho 180K Mitchell 350K
Rothfield published close estimates but people refuse to believe them because it unfortunately ruins their already bias perception that the Roosters cheat. It’s getting really tiresome .

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With respect having spoken to players managers. They tell me that Roosters DO play overs especially for young talent as they don't have much of their own. They generally buy talent not develop it. Plenty of brown paper bags involved too as if we didn't already know that.
Like a players manager is going to divulge that info. Give me a break.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, the rooster lover on here has changed his tune.

Wasn't there a thread about Cronk being $1.01 to retire, then another about him coming to the bulldogs now he's gone into defensive mode when Cronk is going to the roosters.

And nobody wants to defend the roosters on a bulldogs website, fancy that.
I’m as suprised as anyone Cronk is going to be a Rooster. I’ll bag the Roosters unmercifully when need be. I think Trent Robinson is overrated as a coach. He gets a rails run from the media. I’ll slam M.Pearce. The Roosters have underachieved since 2013. It gets a bit boring this Roosters salary cap talk when no one mentions Brisbane or Melbourne. Look at their Rosters. The Roosters always seem to have this star studded lineup whenever there is talk about buying a big name player.
What about all the big names they’ve lost in the last 3 years compared to who they’ve picked up ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m as suprised as anyone Cronk is going to be a Rooster. I’ll bag the Roosters unmercifully when need be. I think Trent Robinson is overrated as a coach. He gets a rails run from the media. I’ll slam M.Pearce. The Roosters have underachieved since 2013. It gets a bit boring this Roosters salary cap talk when no one mentions Brisbane or Melbourne. Look at their Rosters. The Roosters always seem to have this star studded lineup whenever there is talk about buying a big name player.
What about all the big names they’ve lost in the last 3 years compared to who they’ve picked up ?
I think there's quite a few teams cheating the cap. Melbourne weren't caught by great investigators, they came undone from info by a receptionist. But do I believe the roosters can still have $650k after signing Tedesco and holding onto others, not for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.