Jake Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Strong rumours that he will leave the Roosters with Cronk looking likely to sign with them. What are your guy's opinions on him and where he will end up.

Personally, I don't rate him as highly as most people who regard him a top 3-4 hooker in the game, saying that I still think he is a good player and would be a really good addition for some teams.

Knights
Would be that leader they need and will put in consistent performances for them which is a rarity at Newcastle these days. They probably will also be in the best position cap wise to sign him but it all comes down to how highly they rate Levi. I think Levi has potential to be a pretty good hooker but the Knights might want Friends experience in there instead and Friend is only 27 himself.

Tigers
Pretty much exactly what I said for the Knights can be repeated here, they need a leader and also a player that can be consistently good. Again like the Knights it comes down to how they rate Jacob Liddle, I personally would persist with Liddle who I think can be a really good player i the future for them.

Eels
This is the one that I think will happen. Makes sense tbh, Parramatta need a better hooker then what they have and it would mean that Friend wouldn't have to go to a side that's struggling. Looking at there current roster one would think they would have enough to sign him with some TPA's included.

Warriors
NZ could be the dark horse here, They could probably move Luke on from the last year of his contract to make room. They are crying out for another consistent leader alongside Mannering and Friend could be their man.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Said to my Knights mate at work yesterday that they would be dumb enough to sign Friend to allow the Roosters to have the 7 they truly need. That sydney stuff is BS, offer Cronk 1.5 mil plus a season and he would go there i reckon.

Tigers - i dont see them sigining him, he is just a slightly more polished version of McIllwrick. No value for money at all.

Eels - Cameron King (injury prone) Kaysa (concussion king) makes perfect sense and i think this is where he will end up.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cronk ends up @ the roosters every league fan except the roosters fans will b goin off including me.

They will have cronk, tedesco, cordner, pearce all would have to be on good coin. Then keary jwh napa Ferguson and the rest of the squad ffs who rnt all nobodies.

Sorry 4 hijacking the thread straight away but fuk jake friend shit **** and fuk the roosters if they end up doing this i hope they get done wat a fukn rort.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a soulless club, full on boots their club captain out...

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manly... if Cronk doesn't end up there.

From memory they have Api Korosai but he's gassed after 50, so a good utility. Friend will go 80 every week

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, well. If this rumour indeed has legs, it is utter crap ( as we suspected anyway) that the Rorters have the purported 800k available in the cap figure as they have previously stated, or simply no one could be convinced that they did.

It is starting to sh@t me to tears the way the game is going, with clubs being able to move players on and players being able to request to move on at the drop of a hat. Why have a cap if it can be circumvented in this way and why have contracts when they have no real meaning? I cannot help but think that the Roosters have had this little plan in the pipeline all along and were just waiting to see who they felt they could comfortably move on to get Cronk, who if we look at it realistically was stringing everyone along with his " I will be leaving the Storm to go to Sydney to be with my woman and I will retire" crap.

Friend currently 27 years of age, has been at the Roosters since he was 15 ; given TEN years first grade service service to the Roosters and would no doubt have been a candidate for the long serving players discount........great reward not....

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers, then Eels, but a smokey could be the Rabbitohs, as Farah is surely on the way out...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the NRL been loudly banging their drum regarding "we won't allow clubs to register a player if they are over the cap?"

So in that case if nobody takes up Jake Friend (and they are going to need to move Pearce on AS WELL!!), then other clubs could potentially block a Cronk to Roosters move (or move to any other club) as no club will have free funds in cap to pay Cronk $1.5 million a session (to pay off his new home).

So recapping ..... media are indicating they'll need to release Pearce and Friend to afford Cronk.

Friend, Pearce and Cordner are all part of the senior playing group.

Expect fireworks if any of them are tapped on the shoulder, as they'll spill on the Roosters dodgy shit.

In incidents like this, the lower performing clubs from last season should have first choice, and special concessions on marquee signings to make the game more competitive.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ive heard no whispers about him coming to us although i think hed be a good fit, he goes ok imo

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id say cronk to roosters pearce to hooker

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant wait on other clubs and hypotheticals when making decisions on who to sign but to have friend become available shortly after resigning a player that has done nothing in that position for 3 years would be a very des like move

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Said to my Knights mate at work yesterday that they would be dumb enough to sign Friend to allow the Roosters to have the 7 they truly need. That sydney stuff is BS, offer Cronk 1.5 mil plus a season and he would go there i reckon.

Tigers - i dont see them sigining him, he is just a slightly more polished version of McIllwrick. No value for money at all.

Eels - Cameron King (injury prone) Kaysa (concussion king) makes perfect sense and i think this is where he will end up.
The roosters have everything they need roster wise. Cronk won't help the roosters. The only thing that can help the roosters is a soul.... and if they are letting friend of all players go to facilitate this, they are as fucking stupid as they are greedy at Bondi.

Stay tuned for a standard top four finish and trademark choke job from these chumps at the crunch point of the season.
I don't agree with people saying the roosters have next year in the bag if they sign Cronk.

I doubt they will win next year with or without him.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The roosters have everything they need roster wise. Cronk won't help the roosters. The only thing that can help the roosters is a soul.... and if they are letting friend of all players go to facilitate this, they are as fucking stupid as they are greedy at Bondi.

Stay tuned for a standard top four finish and trademark choke job from these chumps at the crunch point of the season.
I don't agree with people saying the roosters have next year in the bag if they sign Cronk.

I doubt they will win next year with or without him.
Well then the Roosters are beyond help because they have already sold their soul.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well then the Roosters are beyond help because they have already sold their soul.
Haha totally. I do think that they undervalue good club people and that has always been the club's problem....at least it has been that way since politics brought them
Back from the doldrums.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eels
1. Gutho
6. Norman
7. Moses
9. Friend

That could be a lethal spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.