Opinion Jake Averillo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He looks dead average because he is in this team. Just like Toomaga looked absolute dogs hit today. Guess what? If we signed AFB to a big contract hed look shit playing behind Tolman, off JMK and all the rest of the crew that get the ball, too.

There's a reason why your favorite coach said what he said about him, because he's good.
AFB wouldn't look shit, he might not be as effective but defenitely not shit.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope we are able to offload 90% of this team, no one playing out there today deserved to wear that jersey

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A player on that money isn't allowed to look average... the only way we get out of this mess is to buy players that're going to revitalise the team...
My original point is he is not allowed to in this system.

Did you watch Toomaga today? Did you see what happened to him? He got ZERO good ball. He ran decoys all day for plod central. That is whats happening to Thompson.

THAT has nothing to do with money. That is all the coach, the system and the holy trinity of ball hogs Jackson, JMK and the Tolman.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Did you watch Toomaga today? Did you see what happened to him? He got ZERO good ball. He ran decoys all day for plod central. That is whats happening to Thompson.

THAT has nothing to do with money. That is all the coach, the system and the holy trinity of ball hogs Jackson, JMK and the Tolman.
The Plodmuda triangle:

JMK
Jackson
Tolman

Our attack disappears once it enters the Plodmuda triangle.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo will develop into a good running 6.
He's come from Jersey Flegg, a few games of reserve grade into 1st grade being played out of position in a wooden spoon team as a 19 / 20 year old kid.
Give him some time to develop under some decent coaching and he'll be a club favourite.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kids has got potential in attack but needs more ball and players that can actually play RL ... however the kid needs to learn how to defend big time, but I'm confident he'll get better with more game time HOPEFULLY ... go the DOGGIESSSS!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many tackles Chris smith miss or “not lay a finger on”
Get the Fcuk off the kids back
Go give it to the nupties like Jackson smith tolman Reimis smith Meaney etc whom are definitely leading by eg arent they

Meaney missed hoppa jnr 4times alone in the second half cold

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kids has got potential in attack but needs more ball and players that can actually play RL ... however the kid needs to learn how to defend big time, but I'm confident he'll get better with more game time HOPEFULLY ... go the DOGGIESSSS!!!
HE has got some skillz and speed but is lost when it comes to defending

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really it’s hard to find consistency in both attack and defence when you’re being shifted all over the park and every second you’re defending in a different position with different reads coming at you constantly, is he a poor defender yes but it’s hard to be good when you’re told a different thing every week

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree bro. JMK has no vision, game awareness and consistently takes poor options. This becomes worse when we are in the attacking zone.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People need to get the fuck over halves needing to be good defenders.. Maloney was one of the worse the defenders in the comp, regularly topping the missed tackles count every year. But he was also one of the best halves in the comp for over a decade and the success of his teams proves it..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants to talk about missed tackles, how about his other stats for his FIRST GRADE DEBUT in the halves.....

2 try assists
2 tackle breaks
1 line break assist
75 running metres
30 post contact...

Telling only half a story helps people's narratives..

As far as I'm concerned, that's impressive stats for a half on debut in the spoon side...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like him. He looked to be gettinf the Toomaga treatment there for a bit. No one would pass him the ball .

Jmk to busy trying to set up Tols and Jacko for one out barge over trys. Then master class Lewis has a show and not go haha.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why so many fans are death riding the only genuine top line talent at the club. We've had nothing to get excited about for three seasons.

We finally have a player who shows flashes of brilliance and all people want to do is question his defence, which isn't as bad as people suggest especially for a kid defending in the halves for the first time.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Twist what - facts?
You’re the SuperCoach with all the answers, you should know that the coach heads the footy department under the Head of Football (ie: reports to Price). The board do not get involved in week to week selections, but they do get involved when a player such as Harper requests a release and has to be replaced. Blame Price, blame Pay, blame SG, blame Antonelli - but it’s not on the board.
Don’t waste your time on her mate.
She knows everything and if you repeatedly prove her wrong she’ll just swear at you or block you

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to get the fuck over halves needing to be good defenders.. Maloney was one of the worse the defenders in the comp, regularly topping the missed tackles count every year. But he was also one of the best halves in the comp for over a decade and the success of his teams proves it..
When Lockyer went into 5/8, his tackling wasn’t great and he was targeted. So Skeletor simply made Toni Carroll his hitman...anyone that tried to run at Lockie got smashed by Carroll.