Opinion Jake Averillo

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa is better easily
I don’t know about that mate.. and as much as I like your posts an agree with most of what you say Mikey, I can’t agree here. Hoppa is very reliable and he’s great. But Harper is a different breed.. he needs to get a run an take it an make it his own! Or we lose him and that’s not an option.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know about that mate.. and as much as I like your posts an agree with most of what you say Mikey, I can’t agree here. Hoppa is very reliable and he’s great. But Harper is a different breed.. he needs to get a run an take it an make it his own! Or we lose him and that’s not an option.
I see where your coming from and Harper can be more explosive. But Hoppa was voted by the players alongside Latrell as the best centre in the game last season. I use to hate Hoppa but I've warmed to him. At least we can both agree that we'd rather Harper be centre over Smith haha

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I see where your coming from and Harper can be more explosive. But Hoppa was voted by the players alongside Latrell as the best centre in the game last season. I use to hate Hoppa but I've warmed to him. At least we can both agree that we'd rather Harper be centre over Smith haha
Oh for sure lol, and yes Harper over Smith an Smith to the wing. I like hoppa, don’t get me wrong, he’s very consistent and what you see is what you get. Nothing special or fancy.. just does his work and is safe. But Harper has a few more tricks up his sleeve an can break a game open. But they are both good value an both have certain things to offer.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh for sure lol, and yes Harper over Smith an Smith to the wing. I like hoppa, don’t get me wrong, he’s very consistent and what you see is what you get. Nothing special or fancy.. just does his work and is safe. But Harper has a few more tricks up his sleeve an can break a game open. But they are both good value an both have certain things to offer.

More tricks up his sleeve?

yeah right,if William had a little more speed he would be one of the best players in the world.

tricks up his sleeve is not what he is missing it’s speed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More tricks up his sleeve?

yeah right,if William had a little more speed he would be one of the best players in the world.

tricks up his sleeve is not what he is missing it’s speed.
William at manly definitely, he’s just a reliable worker now. And safe, in no way am I disrespecting him, I like the guy! He wears the blue an white and does a fantastic job for us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa (IMO) has been our most consistent player the last few years and rightly recognised as our best player last season

Yes, he doesn’t have Teddy speed or Latrell brute strength but he is fkn consistent where his good and bad games are close together

Harper - there’s definitely something about him that I believe will make him a FG mainstay, he’s put on more weight by the looks and in the 9s and trial looked bigger and stronger and has a good late offload on him

I would hope he gets an extended run in the centre’s this year

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is from a good family and a handy cricketer just for the record.
Will be a big future player of note if all goes the way it has to date..