Other News Source Jai Arrow given permission to negotiate.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/29/signings-target-arrow-given-permission-to-test-market/

The race to sign Jai Arrow will intensify this week after the Gold Coast gave their star forward permission to negotiate with rival clubs immediately.

NRL.com can reveal the Titans have put forward a lucrative four-year deal, believed to be around the $3 million mark, to keep the Queensland Origin representative beyond 2020.

However Arrow has told the Titans he wants to wait until he hits the open market on November 1 before making a decision.

In a bid to fast-track negotiations, the Titans have granted Arrow’s management permission to receive offers before November 1 from rival clubs for 2021 in the hope of sorting out their future sooner than originally expected.

Both parties don’t want to sit on their hands for the next two months just waiting for the date to tick over to begin negotiations and have agreed it is in the best interests of all involved to kick off proceedings immediately.

The news is expected to ignite a bidding frenzy over the coming weeks for one of the game’s most sought-after forwards.

Parramatta and the Bulldogs are two of the most cashed-up clubs in 2021 and are keen on luring the 24-year-old to Sydney.

Arrow is contracted with the Gold Coast until the end of next season and the club would like to upgrade his final year, however the Titans’ current salary cap situation makes it almost impossible for them to do so unless other players were to move on.

NRL.com understands his preference is to remain on the Gold Coast but is open to testing his value on the open market and potentially moving away if the right deal comes along.

The Titans, who have not made an official statement on Arrow's negotiations, recently identified the lock, fullback AJ Brimson and 19-year-old prop Moeaki Fotuaika as their priority retention targets, extending the deal of the latter earlier this week until the end of 2022.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would definitely be enquiring for his services!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wonder what coin Tolman is on? I assume he's on a big backended deal. I'd bring Arrow in to replace him...probably have to pay overs for bring him over though he's no stranger to picking up an injury.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s good, but not sure about this one.!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will have in the back row
Jackson
CHN
Stimson
And possibly SBW
Can we afford more ??? :fearscream:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If $750k is the starting point I doubt he will be coming here.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If Fifita isn't realistic due to his love affair with the donkey's then the next best IMO. Titans offer is already around the mark I think so perhaps he has priced himself out of larger offers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Fifita isn't realistic due to his love affair with the donkey's then the next best IMO. Titans offer is already around the mark I think so perhaps he has priced himself out of larger offers.
His manager is probably waiting for the Warriors to come in with another million dollar offer just so he can milk more cash from the Titans. Doubt he will leave the Titans

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
not sure if we need anyone called Jai to bring back the madness. sounds like he might come in handy if we wanted to bring back cuddle puddles.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
His manager is probably waiting for the Warriors to come in with another million dollar offer just so he can milk more cash from the Titans. Doubt he will leave the Titans
Yeah I was thinking warriors when I was typing that lol. I think 800k would be the ceiling so would he move from GC to say Sydney for another 50k, doubt it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a good player but he's crazy to turn down that offer. Any club that offers him more would be overpaying. And he's missed quite a lot of games the last few seasons.

This further proves my point about Fifita. Arrow is turning down 750k a year when a handful of other clubs would be interested but Fiifta is willing to jump at 700k when 15 other clubs would offer him plenty more? If that's not more proof Brisbane are rorting the cap then I don't know what is.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will sign for closer to 600k, the 3 million offer would've been put out there by his agent trying to get other clubs to bite. Would definitely take him at 650k if we could. Anything more would be overpaying.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a messed up game the NRL is that the media report the team coming dead last have salary cap issues but somehow the roosters, storm and broncos never have issues

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a messed up game the NRL is that the media report the team coming dead last have salary cap issues but somehow the roosters, storm and broncos never have issues
The Titans have some of the worst management of course they have cap issues.