Jacob Preston Will Be This Years Bargain Buy

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Gus gets even 2 or 3 out of every 4 of these buys right we're going to be in good shape.
Easy to see now why he was made a top 30 contracted player he has pinpointed another talent well done to him.
Was Kiraz down to him or Baz? King is another great success and more will emerge this year hopefully..

*There is the Hoffman anomaly of course, so he isn't perfect.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Gus gets even 2 or 3 out of every 4 of these buys right we're going to be in good shape.
Easy to see now why he was made a top 30 contracted player he has pinpointed another talent well done to him.
Was Kiraz down to him or Baz? King is another great success and more will emerge this year hopefully..

*There is the Hoffman anomaly of course, so he isn't perfect.
King, Kiraz and now Preston were all Gus gems.. Baz's gems were Flanagan and Waddell.. Haha

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Went pretty well in reggies yesterday.
Gus has always been a fan. Not sure if it's the ginger hair?
He's bulked up a bit this year. If Okunbor had not been seconded into the "new age" utility role Ciraldo has got happening on his bench, I reckon they had Hoffman (or Topine) earmarked to fill that role, and they might yet still do so.

Seems Ciraldo wants to run with a bench of two middles (Tanner/Waddell yesterday), a backup hooker/half/mobile-lock type (Brown), and a concussion cover utility (Okunbor). Then another utility as reserve (Reynolds).

We'll see how that philosophy evolves over the rounds as the match fitness and combos begin to mature.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, their association ends this season. Interesting fact, Wyong Roos were Roosters feeder club a whole ago, they bailed because they partnership didn't favour them and it actually cost them money to be associated with the Rorters. I don't know whose decision it was, but smart for the Bears to part ways
The Bears have a much bigger target on their agenda.

Always a Bulldog

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is already un-droppable from the starting side after 2 games. Exactly how Josh Jackson came up

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Preston was again one of our best today.. 130 metres, 3 tackle busts, 1 line break and 36 tackles with only 1 miss.

He's already playing like a 10 year veteran and it's his 3rd 1st grade game.
When I drafted him in my fantasy team, the other punters were laughing saying “who the fk is Preston”

They know him now

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he pinned his ears back in the first half after shrugging off Brooks he would have scored, rather than passing, will learn from this and get better each game .. he will be a gun!
Shame, he deserved a try there... and would have made it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he pinned his ears back in the first half after shrugging off Brooks he would have scored, rather than passing, will learn from this and get better each game .. he will be a gun!
Yeh I can't remember who did he try and pass to? Pretty quick though Naden couldn't make any ground on him..