Jacob Preston Will Be This Years Bargain Buy

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the double win of Preston starting and Waddell not starting is the reason we won last night. When TPJ and Thompson are back that flog will be out the door.
Agree. Preston was a breath of fresh air. Waddell hasn’t really improved in 2 years at the club and this is his last year. Thommo is out for months. I’m hoping some of the other boys like Hughes and Davey step up and squeeze him out. But our 2nd row stocks are low.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On that right edge he gives us genuine attacking threat and no coincidence Avo and Kiraz thrived as well

4/5 tries scored by the right edge

We aren’t predictable in attack relying on left edge
Burton playing both sides of the ruck was good too he just needs take the line on a little more and square up the defence.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone is on to our boy already, SEN and Talkin Sport blowing their loads over him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On that right edge he gives us genuine attacking threat and no coincidence Avo and Kiraz thrived as well

4/5 tries scored by the right edge

We aren’t predictable in attack relying on left edge
Flanagan's edge is better than Burton's edge. Flanagan wasn't lying when he talked up the right edge and said they had the left beat in opposed drills :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's in the first year of a three year deal but Gus upgraded King and Kiraz after their spike in form and I'm sure he'll do the same with Preston later in the year. The players know Gus will be fair to them if their form warrants a pay rise. It's a big part of why so many gun juniors are signing with us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's even more satisfying about Preston is that we got him from the Roosters system. It's good to finally sign a player of theirs with talent and upside and not their rejects like with Napa etc. To make things even better, now Napa is back with them!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's even more satisfying about Preston is that we got him from the Roosters system. It's good to finally sign a player of theirs with talent and upside and not their rejects like with Napa etc. To make things even better, now Napa is back with them!
That’s the icing on the cake, the added bonus is he’s from the Manly area, Belrose Eagles, grew up close to Brookvale oval apparently …

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's in the first year of a three year deal but Gus upgraded King and Kiraz after their spike in form and I'm sure he'll do the same with Preston later in the year. The players know Gus will be fair to them if their form warrants a pay rise. It's a big part of why so many gun juniors are signing with us.
2 years, 2023 and 2024.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That makes it even more likely that Gus will extend and upgrade him in the next few months.
Gould has done a few 2 year contracts, gives him clear air to asses the player until November before the other clubs can "legally" try poaching them. If they don't work out then it's only 1 year to offload.

Always a Bulldog