Jacob Preston Will Be This Years Bargain Buy

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Preston had 9 runs for 112 metres, 1 try, 2 line breaks, 3 tackle busts, 16 tackles with 0 missed. Not bad for a 40 minute stint.. He looked like a 100 game player instead of a rookie and proved why Gus has been hyping him up so much

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder if he could play on the right. Shift RFM to lock or bench. Would suit the team much better i feel
I reckon he easily could as he's a skillful and talented player. He played on the left last season in NSW Cup. Good thing Ciraldo has been big on every player practising on both sides of the field to work on their weaknesses and get them ready for if they have to fill in on their less preferred side.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Preston had 9 runs for 112 metres, 1 try, 2 line breaks, 3 tackle busts, 16 tackles with 0 missed. Not bad for a 40 minute stint.. He looked like a 100 game player instead of a rookie and proved why Gus has been hyping him up so much
And people say trials don't mean shit. That sort of effort shoots him right up the pecking order.

Dog Tired

New Pup
Reaction score
Need to settle people. This was just a trial but the effort made must impact upon the coach's thinking regarding future decisions.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Solid lad. Had a big game. Feels good to have competition for spots for a change. Seems like all the boys Gould had brought in had an impact today. Guy is building something amazing here hopefully for a decade of dominance.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suprised me how well he played today. Hadn't heard all that much about him, but gees the early signs are impressive.

Seems to look like a better, faster, more mobile version of Shaun Lane.

Sutton looked good out there too (before he got concussed)

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't it just a tad early to be putting him up there as the game's next superstar, he has only played 1/2 of trial game for us?

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As soon as the half finished i put this young bulldog into my supercoach team. He will force his way into first grade.