Jacob loko incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Vidot deal with Souffs has fallen through. He is clearly on the outer at the gronks. I always rated Vidot.
Article today in news.com.au mentioned that Vidot has had "off field issues" - whatever that means these days... Sounds like another Loko...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...bitohs-collapsed/story-fniabm4i-1227278633812
Daniel Vidot would only have been offered $100k by the Rabbitohs who want to ease a backline injury problem, more to the question Souths have money under the cap to spend?
WTF the only players that Souths have injured at the moment are Kyle Turner and Dylan Walker.Obviously then all the eggs are in one basket if they are that light on replacements.
Seems like he may be one to avoid, shame because he is big and strong and does have talent.Uncle Wayne rules with an iron fist and you don't mess with him. He is as subtle as a sledgehammer when he does not want a player at the club.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe let the boy go I say.. I see in today's paper Daniel Vidot is looking for a club.. Lets get him on board.. he would be extremely handy when SOS comes around and the Morris twins are away on duty for the blues.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So basically what you're saying is that the club has invested all this time and money into his rehab and the bloke couldn't give a flying **** and still pisses it all away with no regard for what people have done for him. Sounds like a keeper this one.
Nope. What I'm saying is it's a minor dust up between two mates, and Loko is being made out to be the bad guy in all this.

When fully fit he will be a force to be reckoned with. It makes no sense to cut him loose.

get rid of him.... and sign vidot ... damaging runner ... would get him cheap ... would be perfect back up
Vidot has terrible hands, terrible defence, and was dropped to Intrust Super Cup. He now wants out because Uncle Wayne has dropped him and when Darius is finally back he won't have a spot.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Article today in news.com.au mentioned that Vidot has had "off field issues" - whatever that means these days... Sounds like another Loko...
we go to the broncos leagues club a bit for a meal, and theres a lot of talk around about the players who supported anthony griffen now being punted by bennett, bennett has made it clear that anyone who spoke out or anything about him coming back or the removal of hook would go, thaiday was a big griffen supporter and made it clear in the media, parker lost the captaincy because he supported griffen, vidot again another supporter.
theres quite a bit of conflict between certain parties and bennett even now over the andrew gee fiasco where he walked out to avoid questioning from the nrl but is again close to the club, theres a bit of friction between the broncos boss and bennett as to who runs what at the club

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we go to the broncos leagues club a bit for a meal, and theres a lot of talk around about the players who supported anthony griffen now being punted by bennett, bennett has made it clear that anyone who spoke out or anything about him coming back or the removal of hook would go, thaiday was a big griffen supporter and made it clear in the media, parker lost the captaincy because he supported griffen, vidot again another supporter.
theres quite a bit of conflict between certain parties and bennett even now over the andrew gee fiasco where he walked out to avoid questioning from the nrl but is again close to the club, theres a bit of friction between the broncos boss and bennett as to who runs what at the club
Probably a conspiracy theory. .. but it does make sense on some fronts. Thaiday is known the outer.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if you do something to cross Wayne Bennett you just might as well pack your bags. Pretty crappy way to get a players respect if you ask me. I hope that the Broncos take a massive nosedive this year and implode.I have never liked them and the way in which the NRL used to bend over and take it from them annoyed me no end.
Just out of curiosity, which side is Bennett on over the Andrew Gee situation; is he happy he is back?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if you do something to cross Wayne Bennett you just might as well pack your bags. Pretty crappy way to get a players respect if you ask me. I hope that the Broncos take a massive nosedive this year and implode.I have never liked them and the way in which the NRL used to bend over and take it from them annoyed me no end.
Just out of curiosity, which side is Bennett on over the Andrew Gee situation; is he happy he is back?

andrew gee left the club and was not seen for some time, then at the season launch he turned up at bennetts side
BRONCOS legend Andrew Gee is set to attend the club launch on Friday night.

The former football operations manager resigned last year in mysterious circumstances but RLW understands he will be on hand as his old coach Wayne Bennett joins the faithful to launch the club’s 27th season in the big time.

When the Broncos Leagues Club annual report was released last year it revealed how $298,000 had gone missing and been repaid and that Gee was somehow involved. It said this:

“Over the past two financial years, funds from the Club were made available to, or on behalf of, Andrew Gee who, at the time, was a director of the Club. The amounts involved totalled $298,000.

“Those payments occurred without appropriate supporting documentation, without first obtaining member approval and without board approval.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
andrew gee left the club and was not seen for some time, then at the season launch he turned up at bennetts side
BRONCOS legend Andrew Gee is set to attend the club launch on Friday night.

The former football operations manager resigned last year in mysterious circumstances but RLW understands he will be on hand as his old coach Wayne Bennett joins the faithful to launch the club’s 27th season in the big time.

When the Broncos Leagues Club annual report was released last year it revealed how $298,000 had gone missing and been repaid and that Gee was somehow involved. It said this:

“Over the past two financial years, funds from the Club were made available to, or on behalf of, Andrew Gee who, at the time, was a director of the Club. The amounts involved totalled $298,000.

“Those payments occurred without appropriate supporting documentation, without first obtaining member approval and without board approval.
Okay that clears that up. UncleWayne has welcomed him back with open arms and other parties at the club are not happy.Just what does that say about the club and the coach for that matter?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. What I'm saying is it's a minor dust up between two mates, and Loko is being made out to be the bad guy in all this.

When fully fit he will be a force to be reckoned with. It makes no sense to cut him loose.

Vidot has terrible hands, terrible defence, and was dropped to Intrust Super Cup. He now wants out because Uncle Wayne has dropped him and when Darius is finally back he won't have a spot.
It's hardly a minor dust up!! The dudes a ****ing psycho! Look at the way he turns on his mate. And then comes back later on and starts a bigger break. Absolutely ****wit of a human being. Send the **** packing.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he did what was shown on the CCTV footage on the field it would be forgotten about it in a week. Jack Wighton for instance.

Sure, alcohol is involved, but as if all young guys are going to be angels. DUI is serious but this latest incident is a typical incident in many cities on a weekend.

The dogs obviously saw something in him for them to commit to looking after his rehab. In consideration of this, they should counsel him about alcohol and tell him anymore alcohol related mischief and he's gone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's hardly a minor dust up!! The dudes a ****ing psycho! Look at the way he turns on his mate. And then comes back later on and starts a bigger break. Absolutely ****wit of a human being. Send the **** packing.
Depends if you believe the media beatup or the actual truth.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I still don't understand why some people think it's the clubs responsibility to counsel him and try and get him back on track.

The club already gave him a lifeline and then didn't sack him after he went DUI. Now he goes out drinking again and causing a scene in public and we still are supposed to look after him?

When does the responsibility fall on Loko for his actions?

Why blame the media and everyone else except the person who put themselves in that position?

How many chances are we meant to give players before they are responsible for what they have done?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still don't understand why some people think it's the clubs responsibility to counsel him and try and get him back on track.

The club already gave him a lifeline and then didn't sack him after he went DUI. Now he goes out drinking again and causing a scene in public and we still are supposed to look after him?

When does the responsibility fall on Loko for his actions?

Why blame the media and everyone else except the person who put themselves in that position?

How many chances are we meant to give players before they are responsible for what they have done?
What a mess this situation has become.

You are correct in everything you have said, the buck should stop at Loko himself. He should never have been in the position to get involved in a drunken argument; he was already on notice regarding his DUI and on rehab with the club. He had agreed to keep his head down as it were, complete a driving course and stay off the grog.Unfortunately it is not only Rugby League players who fail to take responsibility for their actions, it is endemic in society as a whole.
Governments, employers etc. have a responsibility to set guidelines for correct behaviour but ultimately it is the individual who should be answerable for any situation they find themselves in except for those where clearly there can be blame laid elsewhere; e.g. Someone not putting a "caution wet floor sign" on a spill area when they know it poses a risk for injury, Joe Blow comes along and slips, not Joe's fault when he falls and breaks a leg. If sign is there however and he ignores it Joe's fault.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Massoud is "making things up as he goes", as the owner has now changed his story.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/26805079/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/

NOTE WHAT I'VE SAID PREVIOUSLY IN THIS THREAD!!!

Owner Chady Khouzame told us Loko’s treatment of Taufua brought back some awful memories. “Jacob had Jorge and he was slamming his head against the ground,” Khouzame said. “We thought he was going to cause much more damage.”

What hasn’t been reported about the incident – and the fact Loko was involved in a follow-up altercation in Martin Place several hours later – is the fact Bulldogs officials were made aware by the media. When contacted for his version, Loko led the club to believe Taufua was the instigator. Both Khouzame and CCTV footage from three separate cameras dispute this account, all showing Loko to be drunk and disorderly.

Incredibly, Loko had been cleared to return from suspension for high-range drink driving on the same weekend. It now appears certain he will never return – at least not for the Bulldogs. The club will take its time to get the process right, but there seems little other option than the axe.
One bit that has been reported is correct (and I also touched on it). Taufua knows people at the club, and I bet you can't guess who.

HINT: Sweep Sweep Sweep with the broom of injustice, and everything disappears.

Pretty sad that the actual truth is not being reported.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What a waste of time, money and effort on the alcoholic ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.