Jackson

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A lot have been calling for him to call time or be moved on. Is it me or does he seem refreshed now that he's not expected to be a ball player? I think he's been going well with the simple role he has now. Seems Potter has seen what we all have been frustrated with. King, TPJ middle with offloads. Jackson just tackle and run. RFM and Waddell, run edge lines. The attack looks much more free flowing.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s playing very well, smart move by potter to start him on an edge and then move him into the middle after the initial 15-20 minutes of the game.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Funny. I've supported Jackson through all the hate but this game had me losing my shit. Three fckng times in the 1st half, its three on three on the left with the defence back pedalling. All he has to do is run a straight line, jink to the outside and draw in the two of the defenders and pending where the pass goes, its either 2 on 1 or someone is open. All 3 fckng times he just passed it to whomever was outside and it went nowhere.

Ok - we cakewalked it in the end but 66/33 possession in the 1st half and up by 6 - we should have been up by 20.

This is basic fckng footy fellas.

Malla

Reaction score
Funny. I've supported Jackson through all the hate but this game had me losing my shit. Three fckng times in the 1st half, its three on three on the left with the defence back pedalling. All he has to do is run a straight line, jink to the outside and draw in the two of the defenders and pending where the pass goes, its either 2 on 1 or someone is open. All 3 fckng times he just passed it to whomever was outside and it went nowhere.

Ok - we cakewalked it in the end but 66/33 possession in the 1st half and up by 6 - we should have been up by 20.

Yeah he needs to stop worrying about being a play maker and just cart the ball up

Malla

Reaction score
Thats not being a playmaker. Thats just simple fcking taking it to the line footy. If you don't know how to make an overlap - you shouldn't be out there.
Barrett has spoken about it in interviews he’s literally said Jackson is a second 5/8 and link between halves

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Potter taking the piss saying Jacko played his 300 today. Funny to see Jacko reaction in the presser

Reaction score

Yep. That's Jackson. "Eyes up football" has never been his forte. In fact he's terrible at it. Probably one of the lowest natural skill players in the NRL. He goes a long way to making up for it in effort areas though. He's a very simple player who can play a simple role. He will carry the ball up all day but don't expect him to dent the line or hit a hole. If he's on an edge don't even bother getting him 1 on 1 with an opposition half. Luke Brooks would probably monster him. I just expect a bit more though from a forward in the modern game than what Jackson offers. Morrin highlighted this in 2 minutes of first grade.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yep. That's Jackson. "Eyes up football" has never been his forte. In fact he's terrible at it. Probably one of the lowest natural skill players in the NRL. He goes a long way to making up for it in effort areas though. He's a very simple player who can play a simple role. He will carry the ball up all day but don't expect him to dent the line or hit a hole. If he's on an edge don't even bother getting him 1 on 1 with an opposition half. Luke Brooks would probably monster him. I just expect a bit more though from a forward in the modern game than what Jackson offers. Morrin highlighted this in 2 minutes of first grade.
Mate. 7-8m b4 the line. D is sliding. Even if he straightens up for a step and then dumps it, gives the centre a chance to run to the outside shoulder.

Instead he just dumped it straight away while moving with the slide.

And hold up on Morrin. Ran a hole and did his tackling. Too early bro.