Opinion Jackson Topine - Outstanding

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hold your head up high Jackson. Great energy and head never dropped despite being part of a horror show on debut, surrounded by blokes many years his senior playing like absolute hacks.

Thrown in the deep end at hooker 5 mins in;
46 tackles
1 missed tackle
56 metres gained
Never stopped trying.

Lock him into the 17 for hopefully the next decade. Great young kid.
What’s his best position horse? I don’t think he’s a hooker. Could be a lightweight back rower in the style of cam Murray? Or maybe centre?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s his best position horse? I don’t think he’s a hooker. Could be a lightweight back rower in the style of cam Murray? Or maybe centre?
Reminds me a lot of Cam Murray mate so I’d love to see him at lock or perhaps on an edge. Looks to have a huge motor and can poke the nose through with his charges.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m concerned that many consider his debut outstanding. Topine is a back rower just not big enough. Imagine we had Jackson, Elliot and Topine in the back from. We should only have one of those types and it should be Elliot. Need more damaging forwards. God some fans are easily pleased with turds. Topine depth player at best and will never be a star

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Topine: I would go out there and die for the Bulldogs

Says it all really.......future captain material :grinning:

Jackson Topine's parents proud of son's achievements

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Future for us .Future captain.love his passion.
Not sure I'd have him at hooker.id like to give Dietz a go

Avo
DWZ
Schoup
Cotric
Allen
Wakeham
Flanagan
Jackson
Doorey
Elliott
Ogden
Deitz
Thompson
Bench
Topine
Waddell
Atoni
Smith//Hethrington

I'd be happy with side with instructions to attack .wasn't a fan of Avo being at fb but maybe he can simply think about attacking.
Seems to struggle when in the line
I want him left edge backrower as he's great mates with Schoupp who should be our left centre. Gotta build on tight relationships like that, Panthers left edge being the perfect example

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold your head up high Jackson. Great energy and head never dropped despite being part of a horror show on debut, surrounded by blokes many years his senior playing like absolute hacks.

Thrown in the deep end at hooker 5 mins in;
46 tackles
1 missed tackle
56 metres gained
Never stopped trying.

Lock him into the 17 for hopefully the next decade. Great young kid.
I really like the kid, but he is too small for the forwards with the exception of hooker, in which case he needs to work on his service. Never stopped trying and worthy of a spot compared to our current bunch of flogs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Topine's best position would be lock but he could also play second row. I think he's a Cameron Murray mould player. I think it's quite possible next year we see Topine come off the bench spelling the hooker for ~20 minutes in the middle of the game and finishing the game in the second row. If we were to sign that really good hooker that hinted he wanted to go play hooker elsewhere at the start of the year it'd make a lot of sense.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
be good to watch him progress, by the sounds of it he had a great debut..!! Good on him.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Definitely in the Cam Murray mould of 13 , would start him with dietz at 9 , speed and heart would be a huge improvement on what’s been used so far

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one positive so far this year. I think we will hear much more from him over the next ten years. Let's hope he spends those 10 years with us.