WWOS MOLE Jackson Hastings

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Burton is a project at all. I haven't seen many young halves look as comfortable and composed as he did in the two games he played without Cleary.

He did all of the kicking in those games, he's a great defender and he has great vision.

I reckon Hastings could be a decent option at hooker if we can't land anyone else. And he could be a good option as a half as we need two halves. But I think Burton is as good if not better than Hastings now and has way more potential.
Cant we pair Hastings and Burton together with avo at the back ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cant we pair Hastings and Burton together with avo at the back ?
I wouldn't complain about that. I think we need to dump Foran and sign two halves. We'd be instantly more competitive. And it wouldn't cost more than 800k for both Burton and Hastings.

I'm just saying if they only sign one, I think Burton is a better option.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. With a halves pairing of Avo and Hastings. We can get away with having Hoppa (very underrated) at FB and not a bank breaking hooker (mayhe cogger if he can string a few games together).

What did you think of Cogger at 9? I personally think he did well. He fatigued towards the end. But needs match fitness in that positions
Cogger looked okay, would rather see him there than JMK. Didn't have any massive blunders in defence and managed to get through more work than JMK has.

His service was a little slow but I'd put that down to inexperience and poor systems in place. His passing is good enough and he looks willing to run from dh.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger looked okay, would rather see him there than JMK. Didn't have any massive blunders in defence and managed to get through more work than JMK has.

His service was a little slow but I'd put that down to inexperience and poor systems in place. His passing is good enough and he looks willing to run from dh.
Id definately like to see him start over JMK for a few games

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

53 out of 56 tackles. Not a bad effort at all for a guy who supposedly is a speed bump

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
53 out of 56 tackles. Not a bad effort at all for a guy who supposedly is a speed bump
I keep saying. Its easier to defend at 9 than the halves. You are usually tackling forwards runninga straight. It really is less decision making and you have more defenders supporting you in tackles.

In the halves you are typically 1 v 1 on an attacker moving at you (or in the line) with speed and alot of options around them.

At 9. Its the volume of work you have to do. But that can be fixed with good conditioning .

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually watched him play overseas? The reports are all good and if he's performing as well as Williams was overseas then why not?
He played really well over here too. Folks on this forum.. lol

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Hastings keeps his form from the super league we should definitely make a play!
Not to often you see someone put up 36 try assists in one season

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now the rumours are really going :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: names left right an centre...

but we are desperate, so I would actually give Hastings and benji Marshall a spot an let them wear the mighty blue an white, at least benji is a very humble bloke an still got mad skill and experience. There will be more points with these two, that’s for sure.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeh man watched a few games (not just highlights). He is an aggressive organiser who can run as well his kicking game isn't top class but miles ahead of what we got now.

And he wont break the bank.

He would suit to a pairing with Avo. Not a Wakeham,Lewis or Foran
The one real issue wed have if we got him is that 1. Our game plan is shit
2. He really relied alot on his fullback Nial Evalds at to help support and create opportunities for him at Salford ... We don't really have a fullback like that unless we play Averillo there

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're getting our hopes up...how often is does the Mole even come through...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The one real issue wed have if we got him is that 1. Our game plan is shit
2. He really relied alot on his fullback Nial Evalds at saints to help support and create opportunities for him at Salford ... We don't really have a fullback like that unless we play Averillo there
Its simple things that make a huge difference. They must be trained not to support it’s quite sad watching this every week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep no one ever understood Cogger... Argued his cause all the time saying he wasn't a shit defender, it's just our shit system that gets everyone isolated on the edge ... Said he could handle hooker and all I got was nah if he can't tackle on the edge how could he handle the middle lol. With the right coaching by a former quality hooker he could do really well there long term

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man we are desperate, he looks to have improved a lot since his roosters/seagles days, better than what we have...by a lot

PS. hes obviously matured a lot too. Being exiled must have helped.
yes we are desperate for a 7, isnt that obvious lol

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep no one ever understood Cogger... Argued his cause all the time saying he wasn't a shit defender, it's just our shit system that gets everyone isolated on the edge ... Said he could handle hooker and all I got was nah if he can't tackle on the edge how could he handle the middle lol. With the right coaching by a former quality hooker he could do really well there long term
wow the comments get worse day by day....

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Burton is a project at all. I haven't seen many young halves look as comfortable and composed as he did in the two games he played without Cleary.

He did all of the kicking in those games, he's a great defender and he has great vision.

I reckon Hastings could be a decent option at hooker if we can't land anyone else. And he could be a good option as a half as we need two halves. But I think Burton is as good if not better than Hastings now and has way more potential.
should be burton and hastings, avo fullback, hoppa and cotric centre, brandon smith hooker.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
should be burton and hastings, avo fullback, hoppa and cotric centre, brandon smith hooker.
That's too good to be true! The concerning thing is, with $3-4 million in cap space signing players of that calibre should be easily achievable but it still all seems so unlikely.