WWOS MOLE Jackson Hastings

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally, I really like this at the right price. Our priority at this stage has to be a hooker but if we can sign him to play 7, and Burton to play 6 that will excite me (or Foran on 350k)!

1 Averillo
6 Burton
7 Hastings
9 Grant

WARRIORS, BULLDOGS EYE OFF HASTINGS

Jackson Hastings has the next 24 hours to decide whether he will invoke a get-out clause and return to the NRL in 2021.

Wigan want to keep the halfback - who was on fire in Super League before COVID-19 -but will allow him to return home on compassionate grounds next season if he so desires.

Wigan need to know his plans ASAP, however so they can make contingency moves, and have told Hastings they would like an answer before June 30 in the UK.

The New Zealand Warriors are making a huge play for Hastings, but he wants to return to family in Sydney, with the Bulldogs the early favourites to get his signature.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man we are desperate, he looks to have improved a lot since his roosters/seagles days, better than what we have...by a lot

PS. hes obviously matured a lot too. Being exiled must have helped.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
my question is can we win a premiership with Hastings?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Man we are desperate, he looks to have improved a lot since his roosters/seagles days, better than what we have...by a lot

PS. hes obviously matured a lot too. Being exiled must have helped.
Exactly, he is one of the few players where not much has to happen for us to sign him and we wouldn't have to pay overs. For example, some people on here seem convinced we will get either B Smith or Harry Grant but for that to happen, Cam Smith has to play on another year, they would have to want to join a struggling club plus we would be looking at 800k+ a year.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
my question is can we win a premiership with Hastings?
I think if we can build a solid team around him then yes... Raiders almost did with Sezer, we almost did with Kris Keating and I think Hastings is a class above both of them.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take him for sure at the right price.
The incident with Cherry-Evans is a big tick in the box for me. Must be a good judge of character

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would much rather Burton than Hastings. But I'm sure the recruitment team hasn't even heard of Burton.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would much rather Burton than Hastings. But I'm sure the recruitment team hasn't even heard of Burton.
I think Hastings is less of a project and would be more ready to lead a team than Burton.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like this signing. I guess he would be a replacement for Wakeham but I would prefer he takes Foran's spot for next year. Burton would be great too at 6.
Best thing is....Lewis will be stick in the reserves

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like this signing. I guess he would be a replacement for Wakeham but I would prefer he takes Foran's spot for next year. Burton would be great too at 6.
Best thing is....Lewis will be stick in the reserves
I reckon it would be Hastings 7 and Averillo 6.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer Avo at fullback since he has the speed and footwork for it. Then you put Burton or BBO at 6 and suddenly we have a decent spine...you know, expect for the missing 9 but who needs a hooker anyway

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id take Hastings.

1. Hoppa
6. Averilo
7. Hastings
9. SOMEONE (Cogger if no one)

I think Avo can become a Munster like player. If Avo and Hastings gel. Hoppa would suffice at FB.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone actually watched him play overseas? The reports are all good and if he's performing as well as Williams was overseas then why not?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone actually watched him play overseas? The reports are all good and if he's performing as well as Williams was overseas then why not?
Yeh man watched a few games (not just highlights). He is an aggressive organiser who can run as well his kicking game isn't top class but miles ahead of what we got now.

And he wont break the bank.

He would suit to a pairing with Avo. Not a Wakeham,Lewis or Foran

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind this if it happens. Has experience and is still to hit his prime years, also would end the Foran/ Reynolds type of recruitment talk.We are in a tough spot and he would be an upgrade for us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh man watched a few games (not just highlights). He is an aggressive organiser who can run as well his kicking game isn't top class but miles ahead of what we got now.

And he wont break the bank.

He would suit to a pairing with Avo. Not a Wakeham,Lewis or Foran
I'd be willing to take the punt just because the other options are Foz and Reynolds...lol. If the Warriors are interested you'd think that would push his price up a fair bit, still wouldn't be something crazy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Hastings is less of a project and would be more ready to lead a team than Burton.
I don't think Burton is a project at all. I haven't seen many young halves look as comfortable and composed as he did in the two games he played without Cleary.

He did all of the kicking in those games, he's a great defender and he has great vision.

I reckon Hastings could be a decent option at hooker if we can't land anyone else. And he could be a good option as a half as we need two halves. But I think Burton is as good if not better than Hastings now and has way more potential.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be willing to take the punt just because the other options are Foz and Reynolds...lol. If the Warriors are interested you'd think that would push his price up a fair bit, still wouldn't be something crazy.
Fingers crossed. With a halves pairing of Avo and Hastings. We can get away with having Hoppa (very underrated) at FB and not a bank breaking hooker (mayhe cogger if he can string a few games together).

What did you think of Cogger at 9? I personally think he did well. He fatigued towards the end. But needs match fitness in that positions