Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FOX now has Rothfield commenting on the issue and has said that there are more sanctions to come at Manly. This is getting moire and more curioser by the minute.....more details to come tomorrow...Could be at least half a dozen OTHER players to be fined relating to the incident....

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By Jay Ross, 22 Apr 2018 Jay Ross is a Roar Pro

For those few of who aren’t aware, Jackson Hastings is the son of Kevin “Horrie’ Hastings, a rugby league legend.

It’s unclear why Jackson seems to rub his teammates up the wrong way – however, it’s certainly not a trait he picked up from his father.

The much-loved Hastings Senior was a popular member of the highly competitive Rooster sides of the 80’s. Some say he’s the most talented player to not be selected for the national side.

Although he must have come close, winning the Dally M Halfback Of The Year for three years in a row from 1980-82. He was also voted Rugby League Week magazine’s Player Of The Year during the same three-year period.

He played one grand final in 1980, losing to the tenacious Canterbury Bulldogs and also played one State Of Origin, coming off the bench as a utility player in 1983.

Time will tell if Jackson can match the representative feats of his old man, although you wouldn’t put money on it. That’s not to say he doesn’t have the skills – his short kicking game is one of the best in the league when he’s given the chance to demonstrate it.

He has an accurate long passing game, a decent step and he’s a fighter in defence. Not to mention that he has the organisational skills that a modern halfback requires.

Throughout his teen years, the younger Hastings looked to be set for a stellar career, having represented the Junior Kangaroos in 2015 and previously the NSW Blues under-20s team.

The big question is whether he has the personality to gain the respect and support of his fellow players on and off the field. He was let go from the Roosters after claims of arrogance and disrespect towards the leadership group.

And we’re now hearing a similar story playing out at the Manly Sea Eagles. Currently, Jackson is playing in the lower leagues.

Looking at multi-generational players, it’s hard to find an offspring that has matched the success of their famous father. You could argue that the Morris twins have equalled the deeds of dad Stevie, but who else?

We had Eric Grothe Jr who played representative level, but never reached the consistency levels required of a champion. Maybe another halfback, Nathan Cleary, will out-perform his dad, but only time and injuries will tell.

Rugby League has a forgiving culture, so maybe one day Jackson will be given the opportunity to redeem himself and live up to his potential. One thing’s for sure, he won’t be giving up on his dream to continue the Hastings legacy.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/04/22/jackson-hastings-rugby-league-royalty/

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other than our Morris twins I'd say Mat Rogers matched the success of his famous father Steve. May he rest in peace.

We know Daniel Mortimer turned out to be a dud.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sludge was always a pain in the side when he played the Dogs. Very talented footy player.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watching Fox and Moses asking Mick Ennis "how do you deal with off field dramas??" " Can it have an effect on what happens on field?"

We have had our share in the last few years , so ,surely he would know............

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We've taken punts on 'talented idiots' recently and in the past and I can't remember any of them working out. Loko, Suli etc

Rather see whatever money we've got spare to throw at Hastings be thrown in a pot to invest in a quality play maker next year.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching Fox and Moses asking Mick Ennis "how do you deal with off field dramas??" " Can it have an effect on what happens on field?"

We have had our share in the last few years , so ,surely he would know............
Moses just didn't want to answer the question

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idk if Pay would want him or not, i guess it will all come down to if he thinks he can manage him or not.
Agreed!! I too always believe there is 2 sides to very story, I believe that Dean would sort him out old school style......Manly are a bunch of fools! one never ever slams the door on anyone in life....always leave it ajar, you never know what round the corner.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Toxic Hastings would infest the dressing room in a Hayne like manner.

Sezer is off contract. He has to be top priority to partner Foran.

Hopefully Pay can lure a couple of good Canberra players here as they are sick of Ricky.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If there is a player split, then I think Barrett is fucked.
That press conference after their last shellacking was very telling. Barrett looks like he knows his days are numbered.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*ring ring ring ring*
Voice: Hello Manly Sea Eagle Football Club.
Male voice: It's me... Des... is Lyall there?
Voice: Sure... putting you through now.
Voice: Hello Lyall speaking.
Des: Lyall it's Des... I'm sending you my resume by email...
Lyall: Why?
Des: Because you'll be after a new coach within the month.
Lyall: Maybe Des, but we've decided to consider McGuire or Toovey instead.
Des: *sad nose whistle and hangs up*.

Seriously our board should be pushing hard for this, make Des less likely to continue with his case.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's just a coincidence that there's trouble with him wherever he goes? Haha yh whatever. My people? Other footballers and staff that have had direct or indirect contact with him? Yh i'll believe them over some bloke on the internet, you can do the same.
How do you speak to someone who has indirect contact with someone else& label someone a ****???? Champ get your hand off it. I know him personally and have for the past 5 years so keep your 2nd and 3rd hand unqualified opinions to yourself-don’t play Chinese whispers.
Our roster needs a bit of mongrel he’ll bring it......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Toxic Hastings would infest the dressing room in a Hayne like manner.

Sezer is off contract. He has to be top priority to partner Foran.

Hopefully Pay can lure a couple of good Canberra players here as they are sick of Ricky.
Sezer is not interested in leaving Canberra it seems (despite the paper talk).

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have heard from numerous people that Hastings pissed off Pearce when he first arrived at the age of 17 and Pearce managed to turn most of the experienced guys against him. He did perform pretty well in his stint at the Roosters, he filled in for Pearce in 2015 in the semis when he was injured and even had a really good game against us. In 2016 he was thrown in the deep end and asked to lead the team at the age of 19 and having Nikorima as his half’s partner, it was never going to work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How do you speak to someone who has indirect contact with someone else& label someone a ****???? Champ get your hand off it. I know him personally and have for the past 5 years so keep your 2nd and 3rd hand unqualified opinions to yourself-don’t play Chinese whispers.
Our roster needs a bit of mongrel he’ll bring it......
I said indirect and DIRECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.