Opinion Jack Hethrington- edge back rower.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few of us have been suggesting this since we signed him considering his pace, lack of effectiveness as a prop and that his best form with the Warriors last year was also when he played on an edge.

Hopefully Baz persists with it going into next season because he looks a lot better in space.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Left edge forwards is looking good for next season. Both Hetho and TPG can play there, and TPG is a top line prop as well. Potential for some switching around in games to take advantage of different scenarios.

RFM also a good left edge who can play prop.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always thought Thompson should also have more runs wider of the ruck to utilise his footwork and acceleration. He should still primarily be a middle player, but I don't know why athletes like Thompson and Hetherington are wasted as battering rams all game when they can cause damage wider of the ruck running at halves and centres.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I said so when we signed him. It only took an entire season for Baz to okay him there and for the rest of TK to cop on.
That is a fair comment. We have tried Waddell Stimson Elliot and Jackson on edges.
Then finally in last round he gives Hethrington a go.
Frustrating.
But let’s just hope it’s a start

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought he showed promise when he had to fill in when Doorey got hurt last week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hetherington playing wide and Gus' tweet about it just confirms the influence Gus will have on selections moving forward. I doubt it occurred to Baz all of a sudden 23 games into the season to suddenly play Hetherington there... Thankfully Gus is around to provide guidance and see what others can't.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a while now, good to see him take to it tonight, if he gets a pre-season training there he could be quite useful on the edge.
I noticed today that Jackson at times defended on the edge with Hetho in the middle which seemed to work well.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, I said so when we signed him. It only took an entire season for Baz to okay him there and for the rest of TK to cop on.
I'm one of the few that's been with you all the way mate.