Jack Hetherington

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How could any sane person think that signing Foran at all let alone at hooker is a good decision? Wow Des! Surely there's some alarm bells ringing from fans and club officials out that way??
Des has totally lost his marbles last few years

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt even a dope like Des would think he could play him at 9, except perhaps 15 minute sub off the bench at the tailend of a game. Probably just said that to keep the other kid happy long enough to keep him asking for a release for the time being.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He thought we’d up our offer, we stuck firm and he was left very DESperate. Now he’s not going to be a Bulldog I hope he spends even less time on the field than he did with us
Yeah - I don’t wish bad luck on the bloke or anything but he’s either greedy or deluded. Look at what we invested in him in wage and repair costs and look at the ROI. Would’ve been better for both parties to stick it out one more year. Anyway, moving on...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Makes you wonder about Foz doesn’t it.
We offered 1 year.
He wanted 3.
He walks for 1 + 1 in Manly’s favour.
I guess the best he could get.
At least with us he would’ve played 6.
For them it looks like 9.
Can hear the chalk bones starting to snap already...
Yeah. Would've loved for him to have stayed, but it was clear as day he was angling for a 'retirement' package i.e. last deal in his career which the Dogs wouldn't go along with.

Now ... he's stuck playing hooker? Though I think this is just tlak to quieten down any unrest from that young 5/8 from Manly personally.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. Would've loved for him to have stayed, but it was clear as day he was angling for a 'retirement' package i.e. last deal in his career which the Dogs wouldn't go along with.

Now ... he's stuck playing hooker? Though I think this is just tlak to quieten down any unrest from that young 5/8 from Manly personally.
Could be a smokescreen mate.
I don’t see him at 9. Strange.
But we did the right thing with the offer being max one year (no options) and it’s clear the whole ‘I want to pay the club back’ mantra fails the smell test.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't seen him play enough. What does Hetherington bring? Some mongrel and fire? We need that, but I have also read he is a loose cannon . We need some depth in front row so I am trusting Baz as he would now Hetherington strengths and weakness's
I think some on here have completely unrealistic expectations not only for the Dogs but for footy teams in general.

It's not about going and buying the top 10 players but getting the right players in. If we're to splash money on a hooker, back, and half then we can't go and buy big in other positions. We need to spread the money out a little.

I don't know anything about Hetherington if I'm honest. Would love to buy the best prop in the business, and he's not. But if we do that then we don't get players in other positions which need strengthening first.

By all accounts Hetho would do well off the bench, so I'm happy with that.

We need to tust in Barrett. He won't get all the signings right, nor will we win the comp next year. It's about taking that next step up and I think we're on that way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could be a smokescreen mate.
I don’t see him at 9. Strange.
But we did the right thing with the offer being max one year (no options) and it’s clear the whole ‘I want to pay the club back’ mantra fails the smell test.
There's no way he can play hooker. No sane person would suggest that he put his body into the firing line making so many more tackles compared to his last 3 years with us. It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to put a guy who's had cronic injuries for the last 4+ years into a position where he'll be tested much more physically. I just don't buy it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no way Foran will be playing hooker. Schuster will be 4th, 5th or even 6th string behind DCE, Foran, Cust, Croker and Walker so I don't blame him if he wants out.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's no way he can play hooker.
I just don't buy it
Pretty sure they are peddling that bullshit to keep the young half they have on the books happy.
There's no way Foran will be playing hooker.
Agree with all. The more you think about it it just makes no sense. I guess going back there apart from the ‘where it all began’ crap is the Despot is likely the only one who’d accomodate him after we pulled out. Anyways, no longer our issue. Moving on.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Watching the 95 GF again that someone posted on here , Jim Dymock was huge basically played like a half, that's what we need a 13 that can pass and kick and take some pressure off our 6 and 7 for me Asiata would be perfect. Also how good was our one on one defence back then every tackle we put them flat on their back forget this holding them up wrestle bullshit just hammer them into the turf.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s got Mongrel, great player.. just the discipline I’d worry about.!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I rate To'omaga and Ogden higher than Hetherington. Just like Waddell, I don't really get this signing if true. The more I think about it, the less I like it... unless it's for close to minimum wage (it isn't) I just can't understand it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen him play enough. What does Hetherington bring? Some mongrel and fire? We need that, but I have also read he is a loose cannon . We need some depth in front row so I am trusting Baz as he would now Hetherington strengths and weakness's
Best answered through song:
-----
He is all you'd ever want
the kind I like to flaunt, and call a winner
But he always knows his place
he's got style, but no grace, yet he's a winner
Unlike aiden, he's never in the way
Wont be taking up much pay, and what a blessing!
we can leave him on his own
Knowin' he'll do the hard yards alone and there's no messin'
he's a bit crazy
Oh, whoa, whoa, hes friggin crazy
Talkin' about him being shady
And he not lazy at the line

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where you at Nasheed? Sounds like your having a great time tonight. Can I come join you?
Best answered through song:
-----
He is all you'd ever want
the kind I like to flaunt, and call a winner
But he always knows his place
he's got style, but no grace, yet he's a winner
Unlike aiden, he's never in the way
Wont be taking up much pay, and what a blessing!
we can leave him on his own
Knowin' he'll do the hard yards alone and there's no messin'
he's a bit crazy
Oh, whoa, whoa, hes friggin crazy
Talkin' about him being shady
And he not lazy at the line