News Jack De Bellend Megathread

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1652930126544.png

I've complained previously that the NSW DPP have a poor culture, where they behave outrageously. And suspiciously, seem to enjoy the limelight. They certainly did during the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour dramas back in 2004.

The Wollongong detective, Shawn Adams, was strongly criticised by Judge Andrew Haesler for his conduct in the investigation but the District Court judge ultimately allowed the case to proceed to preserve public confidence in the legal system.
And this is then the problem with the no-fault stand-down policy. I cannot understand how anyone can support this policy. Because here is evidence that quite literally, the courts sacrificed a timely resolution for all those involved, over the preservation of "public confidence in the legal system".

And all to allow an "activist" segment of society to engage in sophistry. "Rugby League has a women problem".. blah blah blah.

Nothing has changed though. So inevitably, we'll have another situation soon enough.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 50814

I've complained previously that the NSW DPP have a poor culture, where they behave outrageously. And suspiciously, seem to enjoy the limelight. They certainly did during the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour dramas back in 2004.

And this is then the problem with the no-fault stand-down policy. I cannot understand how anyone can support this policy. Because here is evidence that quite literally, the courts sacrificed a timely resolution for all those involved, over the preservation of "public confidence in the legal system".

And all to allow an "activist" segment of society to engage in sophistry. "Rugby League has a women problem".. blah blah blah.

Nothing has changed though. So inevitably, we'll have another situation soon enough.
I personally hate the no fault stand down policy. Remember what Brett Stewart went through, even if it officially wasn't the same policy.

It's like the death penalty. Some evil people do deserve it for the crimes they commit, but having even just one innocent person found guilty and executed should always be a strong enough reason as to why we shouldn't have it.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue with the Detective, in whose favour was it? i.e who was he trying to help/hinder?