Jack De Belin - Takes NRL to Court over ban.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/j...s/news-story/df6e30f8a09e06d35f0401e6a1ffee81

Dragons star Jack de Belin set to fight playing ban in federal court

St. George Illawarra Dragons player Jack de Belin arrives at Wollongong Local Court as he pleaded not guilty to rape charges last month.Source: AAP
Jack de Belin has taken the extraordinary step of launching legal action against the ARL Commission (ARLC) over his playing ban.
Documents seen by Foxsports.com.au list both de Belin and the Dragons as applicants against the ARLC and the NRL, however it’s understood de Belin and his legal team — Pikes & Verekers — have commenced the legal proceedings off their own bat.

De Belin will appear in the Federal Court of Australia at 2pm on Thursday.

De Belin to fight NRL ban

De Belin was stood down by NRL CEO Todd Greenberg last week under the game’s ‘no fault stand down’ policy, after pleading not guilty to allegations of sexual assault relating to an incident in Wollongong before Christmas.

The 27-year-old is still allowed to train with the club, but will not feature for the Dragons as part of the new policy.

Last night on NRL 360, Dragons team-mate James Graham admitted the playing roster had been affected by the saga surrounding their star lock.

De Belin is set to fight the NRL in court tomorrow over his banSource: Getty Images
“As a group we’ve tried not to focus on it, but when you see the newspaper and the news headlines most days for two-and-a-half, three months, it’s hard not to come up in conversation or in thought,” Graham told NRL 360.

“I’d be lying if that was the case, but I don’t think it’s going to be the focal point of our season.

Graham speaks about de Belin

1:07
“We’ve lost a player that is irreplaceable, I think, but the coaching staff are working hard about how we’re going to combat that.

“We’ve got Korbin Sims sitting out the first two rounds as well, but I’ve got a strong belief that the players that come in are going to thrive and fulful that role.

“We saw Jacob Host on the weekend and Josh Kerr in the All Stars game play really well so there have been some opportunities that have been created through misfortune for others.”

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope he smashes the NRL in court and Greenburg gets fired because of it.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Typical bellend. He’s being paid he should have stayed at home with his heavily pregnant partner instead of acting single on a night out. Idiot.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical bellend. He’s being paid he should have stayed at home with his heavily pregnant partner instead of acting single on a night out. Idiot.
What is he saying he is not guilty of?

The actual sex or the fact that it was non-consensual?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he believes in himself then good on him, not the first bloke to be accused by an angry bitch, time will tell, everyone suffers in these wars.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think even if he's guilty this would be about sending the impression of innocence.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

From what I can gather by the news reports he’s saying it’s a restriction of trade or some bullshit. He’s not contesting the charges yet he’s contesting the nrl stopping him from playing. I’m not sure how legit the new rule is by the nrl but it’s a step in the right direction. Something needed to be done.

As for bellend I have no sympathy for him because in his family environment he should never have put himself in that situation. These are people that are make a living from fans so start acting like it or become part of the real workforce at some dead end job. They will soon realise how lucky they are.

A

Alexander the Great

Let's hope this is the first of many cases against these *****.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would also like to know this.
I think what it is all about is that he has a right to work while he awaits a trail.

This will be an Industrial Relations case and nothing to do with his criminal charges.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good on him, I don't like the **** but until he is found guilty then who are we to judge his innocence.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the nrl on this one, he’s been stood down not fired “pending investigation” it sounds normal but it’s good for us because it takes the anger from nrl hq of us and more on dragons .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He is at least guilty of being morally wrong by being anywhere near another woman whilst his partner is what 8 months pregnant. Actually having sex either way is in my eyes a big no no in his current partnered situation.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly, is he denying having sex or is he saying he had sex, but denying it was rape????

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Deathspell Your thoughts?

The only winner here will be his lawyers. Soon to be jumping into coins Scrooge McDuck style.

NRL/ARLC's legal team will blow this one out of the water with one very easy swipe. Jack De Belin agreed to terms of contract when signing a binding agreement with the NRL as a contracted player. Part of that contract would be abiding by (and being subjected to) the rules of the game.

One of those rules of the game (now) is that if a player is charged by police and the charge carries a 5+ year custodial sentence OR is against woman, that player is stood down until matter is heard in court.

Why the fuck would you have your legal team focussing (and distracted) with this shit, when your facing charges that could see you locked up for half a decade.!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ask yourself this though, if you knew you were innocent of such a horrific charge against you, wouldn't you come out straight away and vehemently deny it?

I know I would. I wouldn't be silent about it for months no matter what my lawyers told me.

I'm sure most people would do the same. So why hasn't he said anything this whole time?

Even if his lawyers advised him to do so, that's bad advice IF you're innocent. You'd need to get out in front of this thing to defend your name.

The only reason his lawyers would tell him to say nothing is if there was some truth to the claims.