Jack Cogger

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet he regrets the day he signed with the bulldogs, has been really hard done by, not saying he’s a gun but he’s a much better player than Lewis and Wakeham, and thought he outperformed JMK when playing 9 a few weeks ago, now he’s not even in the 21, the development of players and talent identification under Pay was abysmal
Believe it or not he has rejected a min deal to return to knights in the hope he can prove himself here and add value. Knights agreed to revisit later in the season.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Out with the old and in with the new. We can do better then Cogger. Halves are so crucial the club should be on the hunt for new emerging talent.
We need an established half. Halves take time to learn their craft. We don't have time but we can work on a few in lower grades. Same with props but for slightly different reasons.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better half than Lewis and wakeham from what I've seen.
Man Lewis has so many qualities like
Unorthodox but gets it done .. maybe under a new coach he can be brought out a bit cause I guess A lot of players floundered under pay

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need an established half. Halves take time to learn their craft. We don't have time but we can work on a few in lower grades. Same with props but for slightly different reasons.
Ideally you would like 2 established halves and 1-2 young guys coming through . I think we have seen enough of Cogger and Lewis now that its worth trying new halves to go with Foran

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why he hasn’t had more opportunities. Katoa looks so sluggish I can’t see him doing much in the top grade
Yep a pay special so hopefully after this week stevie g does it

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can make stats dance however you want.

Is a 50m kick with no one chasing better than a 5m kick that forces a line drop out.

The same people who claim Tolman leaves a massive hole in the team use stats when he's not playing in their argument.

Wakeham has had a shit team around him when he's played this year. I'm not saying he's the saviour but neither is Lewis.
Yep - iv been a Wakeham supporter but he disappointed with his efforts over the last month. His recognised strength in junior reps was passing, attacking kicking and game management - his weakness was his limited running game. His lack of running game has become an issue.
Lewis - has nothing in attack

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In this write off year I would try all possible combos.... Well excluding Lewis lol
Why not try putting Lewis at lock? No need for creativity but his flexibility might be helpful there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why not try putting Lewis at lock? No need for creativity but his flexibility might be helpful there.
Strictly for his defence I'd give him a shot.

It's not like we can go lower than the wooden spoon lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No we had cogger lewis when foran was injured.

Cogger was finding form and performing heaps better than lewis but when foran came back derp pay sat cogger on the bench for 80 minutes
Yeah that period where pay named him at 14 and left him sit on the bench game after game was up there with the worst coaching I have ever seen, would have destroyed the kid mentally

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Win % under Dean Pay:

01. Lachlan Lewis & Matt Frawley= 3-1= 75%
02. Kieran Foran & Lachlan Lewis= 5-4= 56%
03. Jack Cogger & Brandon Wakeham= 1-1= 50%
04. Lachlan Lewis & Jeremy Marshall-King= 2-3= 40%
05. Kieran Foran & Jack Cogger= 2-4= 33%
05. Kieran Foran & Jeremy Marshall-King= 2-4= 33%
05. Lachlan Lewis & Jack Cogger= 3-6= 33%
08. Kieran Foran & Matt Frawley= 1-5= 17%
09. Kieran Foran & Fa'amanu Brown= 0-1= 0%
09. Lachlan Lewis & Brandon Wakeham= 0-2= 0%
09. Matt Frawley & Jeremy Marshall-King= 0-3= 0%
09. Kieran Foran & Brandon Wakeham= 0-4= 0%
So going by those stats we should have kept Frawley lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Cogger has the best short kicking game among all our options and to me he looked to have the all too uncommon ability to read the defensive weaknesses. He hasn't starred in any way, but I have seen him make some very nice plays that have turned games for us. Simple things like drawing defence before passing and the occasional show and go. From an attacking perspective I think he's best qualified to bring out the best in those around him.

Lewis has a good long kicking game and sensational one on one defence. But takes a while to make decisions. Often to the point where the player he's setting to pass to will over run it. His few games on debut looked far better. He had very little pressure on him at that stage and he was making some good decisions. Since he has more competition to win a starting role he's lost the confidence he seemed to have at that time.

I haven't watched that much of Wakeham. But from the games I've watched him play not much has stood out to me.