Jack Cogger

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Kennel has a habit of only seeing the positives of players when they're not in the first grade side.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think anything’s hidden tbh. Facts are we win pretty much as many as we lose when Lewis is out there and I think that’s got a lot to do with the fact we can at least get into a bit of a dog fight/arm wrestle on the back of his kicking. His defence obviously helps also.

It plays a huge role. With Wakeham doing the same job we’re just on the back foot from start to finish because all he can do is lob nothing kicks down the throat of the opposition who are restarting sets at half way all night long.

We’ve struggled for points no matter what combo we roll with. We just don’t have the attacking firepower amongst the roster to be able to do so. That won’t change this year. Best we can do is try and get into that dog fight each week and chalk up wins in that manner, even if it’s ugly. Lewis is the best pick to get us into that competitive grind.
lewis's kicking game is fucking terrible, he puts up mid field bombs that go 20 metres. he cant attack , he has no vision and no pace. i would rather wakeham was retained.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lewis's kicking game is fucking terrible, he puts up mid field bombs that go 20 metres. he cant attack , he has no vision and no pace. i would rather wakeham was retained.
Bit harsh mate. Thought he executes the midfield bomb to drop inside the 10/20m line well. Plenty of hang time and we can actually play with a bit of field position.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but that's BS regarding Lewis's kicking game. He has a massive boot.

Everything else I agree with, but to call out his kicking and ignoring the powderpuff kickers in Wakeham and Foran is just wrong.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember the good old days, when Lewis was the Golden Prince of Belmore.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sorry but that's BS regarding Lewis's kicking game. He has a massive boot.

Everything else I agree with, but to call out his kicking and ignoring the powderpuff kickers in Wakeham and Foran is just wrong.
A big boot doesn't = better kicking game.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Win % under Dean Pay:

01. Lachlan Lewis & Matt Frawley= 3-1= 75%
02. Kieran Foran & Lachlan Lewis= 5-4= 56%
03. Jack Cogger & Brandon Wakeham= 1-1= 50%
04. Lachlan Lewis & Jeremy Marshall-King= 2-3= 40%
05. Kieran Foran & Jack Cogger= 2-4= 33%
05. Kieran Foran & Jeremy Marshall-King= 2-4= 33%
05. Lachlan Lewis & Jack Cogger= 3-6= 33%
08. Kieran Foran & Matt Frawley= 1-5= 17%
09. Kieran Foran & Fa'amanu Brown= 0-1= 0%
09. Lachlan Lewis & Brandon Wakeham= 0-2= 0%
09. Matt Frawley & Jeremy Marshall-King= 0-3= 0%
09. Kieran Foran & Brandon Wakeham= 0-4= 0%

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can make stats dance however you want.

Is a 50m kick with no one chasing better than a 5m kick that forces a line drop out.

The same people who claim Tolman leaves a massive hole in the team use stats when he's not playing in their argument.

Wakeham has had a shit team around him when he's played this year. I'm not saying he's the saviour but neither is Lewis.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think anything’s hidden tbh. Facts are we win pretty much as many as we lose when Lewis is out there and I think that’s got a lot to do with the fact we can at least get into a bit of a dog fight/arm wrestle on the back of his kicking. His defence obviously helps also.

It plays a huge role. With Wakeham doing the same job we’re just on the back foot from start to finish because all he can do is lob nothing kicks down the throat of the opposition who are restarting sets at half way all night long.

We’ve struggled for points no matter what combo we roll with. We just don’t have the attacking firepower amongst the roster to be able to do so. That won’t change this year. Best we can do is try and get into that dog fight each week and chalk up wins in that manner, even if it’s ugly. Lewis is the best pick to get us into that competitive grind.
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's so far down your throat

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We've had 7 halves start for us under Dean Pay. Our win % as a whole under Dean Pay was= 19-38= 33%.

01. Lachlan Lewis= 13-16= 45%
02. Jack Cogger= 6-11= 35%
03. Kieran Foran= 10-22= 31%
04. Matt Frawley= 4-9= 31%
05. Jeremy Marshall-King= 4-10= 29%
06. Brandon Wakeham= 1-7= 13%
07. Fa'amanu Brown= 0-1= 0%

Say what you want about their ability but Lachlan Lewis and Jack Cogger were the only ones with a win % higher than the average.

Kieran Foran making us better is a myth. Our win % with him in the team is 31% and it's 36% without him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We've had 7 halves start for us under Dean Pay. Our win % as a whole under Dean Pay was= 19-38= 33%.

01. Lachlan Lewis= 13-16= 45%
02. Jack Cogger= 6-11= 35%
03. Kieran Foran= 10-22= 31%
04. Matt Frawley= 4-9= 31%
05. Jeremy Marshall-King= 4-10= 29%
06. Brandon Wakeham= 1-7= 13%
07. Fa'amanu Brown= 0-1= 0%

Say what you want about their ability but Lachlan Lewis and Jack Cogger were the only ones with a win % higher than the average.

Kieran Foran making us better is a myth. Our win % with him in the team is 31% and it's 36% without him.
These stats are pretty irrelevant and don't really prove anything though.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Cogger is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What games are you watching? any? he regularly kicks 50 metres without him we have been giving the ball back to the opposition on the 30 or 40, 2 tackles and theyre already in our half i know hes slow but at least we arent in our own half all game!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out with the old and in with the new. We can do better then Cogger. Halves are so crucial the club should be on the hunt for new emerging talent.