Opinion Jack cogger

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis was playing very solid early in the season, especially combinig well with Okunbor/Holland.
Lewis needs to run more. Made a half break last night. Probably fashion his game on Wade Graham would be best for him but he needs room.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love it when he runs to the line. Those first 2 tries were all him.

He's had his off games/moments this year, but you have to expect that from a young guy. You definitely cant question his attitude though.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis needs to run more. Made a half break last night. Probably fashion his game on Wade Graham would be best for him but he needs room.
Definitely correct there. Not sure if I saw a half break, but I'm sure he does have a running game... not sure why it's not being used.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have said it all along. He is the only natural halfback at the club. Your typical kick, pass, run type. Does all the basics.

Might not be the huge game changer, but his vision is the best in the club and he is a player that can create for himself and create for others.

Don’t know why the wankfest in the kennel is over Lewis. Maybe because he can pull off a few highlight defensive plays every game. But cogger is the general at the club.
Agreed. I’ve backed him season long. For a 21 year old he’s got an impressively very well rounded game. He continues to improve each week, particularly his running game and defence. I see him as a long term #7 for us. Bit of Shifty Sherwin about him.

@Bulldogs09 wondering if you’ve changed your tune after labelling him a failed signing just a week or 2 ago

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s going well is Sherwin somewhere behind the scenes noticing a fair bit of Brent about him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve backed him season long. For a 21 year old he’s got an impressively very well rounded game. He continues to improve each week, particularly his running game and defence. I see him as a long term #7 for us. Bit of Shifty Sherwin about him.

@Bulldogs09 wondering if you’ve changed your tune after labelling him a failed signing just a week or 2 ago
He still struggles with a long left to right ball and his short kicking game is a bit how's it going. His a little terrier half, just how we like them at the dogs and hopefully Cogz and Wakez can become our next Lamb and Polly combo.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could be an Adam Reynolds sort of player I reckon. Has a bit less bulk but a similar skillset. His running game will improve a lot with more experience and a more dominant pack in front of him.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Cogger has had a good year. I admit I had my doubts about him couple months back but I love that he's chancing his arm here & there at least we're getting to see what he can do. He's played against some quality opposition this year which can only be good for the kid. He needs to finish the year strong and I think he can.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Improving with each game, even his kicking is getting better. Need to work on short kicking game also.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan from the start but credit when credit is due, he has been playing well. Has jumped ahead of Lewis (which looks like he is suffering from 2nd year syndrome).

Would like to see Cogger/Wakeham combo for the rest of the season.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Improving with each game, even his kicking is getting better. Need to work on short kicking game also.
That was my main gripe with him, all he had were nothing bins which would go right down the throat of the opposition.

BUT he is improving now so hopefully he continues.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be so happy if Napa was shopped around asap and not with us next year. What a dud as an enforcer and FG forward. Pay as Coach aside he would have destroyed our whole forward pack by himself back in the day.
True. Pay was a ferocious defender - not a man to run at in any game.
Very hard man.