Jack cogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it difficult to understand the support for a player who cant even crack FG at the worst club in the NRL. Surely Cleeland has to be first pick.
I totally agree its surprised me a bit that pay hasnt had a look at our halves under his new style first

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree its surprised me a bit that pay hasnt had a look at our halves under his new style first
We crucified the previous recruiters and coach for the disgraceful lack of depth in the club and Pay, who has coached both Cogger and Frawley before makes a call to sign an outstanding prospect in Cogger and you are not happy? I don't get it. I haven't heard a single comment from Pay about the halves makeup for this year and I wouldn't expect to no matter whether he has made up his mind or not at this stage. He still has a full pre-season and two trials to work on things. I'm sure what he thought in September will be a whole lot different in March. The more options we have that are useful, the better.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We crucified the previous recruiters and coach for the disgraceful lack of depth in the club and Pay, who has coached both Cogger and Frawley before makes a call to sign an outstanding prospect in Cogger and you are not happy? I don't get it. I haven't heard a single comment from Pay about the halves makeup for this year and I wouldn't expect to no matter whether he has made up his mind or not at this stage. He still has a full pre-season and two trials to work on things. I'm sure what he thought in September will be a whole lot different in March. The more options we have that are useful, the better.
Yeah I take that point.
But it’s a trap to always be looking outside for better players. It’s like a crazy consumerist mentality. Always looking outside and never in.
A bit of Fomo as well.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I take that point.
But it’s a trap to always be looking outside for better players. It’s like a crazy consumerist mentality. Always looking outside and never in.
A bit of Fomo as well.
True, but this kid was in the Blues U/20s team and has been an outstanding player for some period of time. It's not like he hasn't shown his potential. May well be better than Watson in another 12 months and we have prob got him at a relative bargain price. For mine I think he is a great buy and if he works out we could have him for more than 10 years. That's the sort of player we really should be recruiting not a 27 year old bloke who has never played FG.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He could be the next Cooper Cronk- aka the next silliest sounding name in league.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay has seen Coggers game as he's coached Blues under 20s. Same reason why he told the club to retain Lichaa.
Says he was also the U20’s captain so hopefully would be strong enough to lead the team around (even though he is only 20). Brown wasn’t 100% no in that article - I think they will release but only once the 2019+ deal is finalised

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dogs cannot win the premiership without;

1. An NRL proven halves partner for Foran.
2. An NRL proven goal kicker.

Aiden Sezer ticks both these boxes. Good on Pay and Co for being pro-active in these areas.
Agree, so long as it is not at the expense of signing Coggar.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aiden Sezer ticks both these boxes. Good on Pay and Co for being pro-active in these areas.
Agree if we get Sezer we will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sezer also has a great general kicking game.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sezer also has a great general kicking game.
got to disagree with ya guys jack cogger is rubbish too small too slow cannot tackle at all kicking game rubbish and sezer is so overrated he runs around and does nothing backward step signing him

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it difficult to understand the support for a player who cant even crack FG at the worst club in the NRL. Surely Cleeland has to be first pick.
Sounds like Pay and coaching staff don't agree.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Great point. Coggar maybe the future but Sezer will make us premiership contenders.

If Mbye fires at FB behind a pack with plenty of potential and halves that are more than capable then we are the smokeys of 2018.

And If we still get Coggar in 2019 I'm more than happy for this to happen....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are there media reports we are looking at Adam Sezer?

Status
Not open for further replies.