Jack Cogger - Players Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. Watson isn't a 6 though imo, probably better as a fullback or even hooker. He's way too erratic and it's hurting the Knights.
The Knights had a cyclone behind them and did nothing with it. Watson reminds me so much of Reynolds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Knights had a cyclone behind them and did nothing with it. Watson reminds me so much of Reynolds.
Yh true, he sort of just runs around like a headless chook lol. He is good at finding space but can mess it up like we just saw.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Coggers kicking game needs to improve...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Look at what Cogger just did hahaha, fucking hell.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh true, he sort of just runs around like a headless chook lol. He is good at finding space but can mess it up like we just saw.
I think Browny just has to suck it up and make him the utility, bring him on early and move Slade to lock.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember reading the story in the newspapers at the time about Trevor Cogger eating a pie on the hill after playing earlier in the lower grades for Wests and getting a call to play 1st Grade. Wests went on to win, against us ironically. Not a bad story. Jack Cogger being related to Trevor didn't connect at all before reading the start of this thread. Shows he has some pedigree and background in the game, although from memory Trevor could be rated at best a capable 1st grader, certainly not a star. Apart from all this, I don't think we should expect too much from Jack Cogger, Meaney or Crichton. I think they have been bought to add to our squad at reasonable prices and help get us through the next couple of years while we battle through the salary cap issues. Two of them give us options in all important spine. Also being young and looking for an opportunity to play 1st grade helps. Hopefully they will give us some hunger and enthusiasm. I look forward to watching them play over the next few years and hope they become something special. However, I think its more likely if any of them develop into anything more than capable 1st graders it will be a bonus.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good humble kid. Just not much chop on field from
What I’ve seen

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Cogger went well today. Man Ponga is a superstar. I'm gonna say he is the best young player I have ever seen.
Hes so good on his feet,never gets caught in the in goal

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know Trevor was his dad I remember going to Lidcome oval as a young teenager & we pumped them 50 plus & the only good player for Wests that day was Cogger think he scored a try or 2

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming we resign the twins. Our left edge will probably be Bmoz Jmoz RFM Foran.
Right egde will be Cogger Jackson Hoppa Smith. With Meaney at the back.
Yesterday game was most likely Coggers last game in 1st grade this year they will most likey play Lamb at h/b if Peacre isnt back.
Bonus for us is Cogger goes back to nsw cup and works on his combo with Meaney.
Rd1 2019 is still 10 months away. Cogger from what I've seen so far isnt great and needs time to develop. He has 10 months between now and Rd1 next year hopefully thats enough time for him to improve and another full nrl preseason will help him. Same as Meaney.
But a left egde of Bmoz Jmoz RFM and Foran will be potent if of course Foran can get back to anywhere near his best. Cogger being a dominant ball player may just help Foran. 10 months is long time Cogger will need to improve alot in that time for us to be competitive next year. Assuming of course Cogger plays h/b ahead of Lewis or if we dont sign an experienced half i.e Corey Norman.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming we resign the twins. Our left edge will probably be Bmoz Jmoz RFM Foran.
Right egde will be Cogger Jackson Hoppa Smith. With Meaney at the back.
Yesterday game was most likely Coggers last game in 1st grade this year they will most likey play Lamb at h/b if Peacre isnt back.
Bonus for us is Cogger goes back to nsw cup and works on his combo with Meaney.
Rd1 2019 is still 10 months away. Cogger from what I've seen so far isnt great and needs time to develop. He has 10 months between now and Rd1 next year hopefully thats enough time for him to improve and another full nrl preseason will help him. Same as Meaney.
But a left egde of Bmoz Jmoz RFM and Foran will be potent if of course Foran can get back to anywhere near his best. Cogger being a dominant ball player may just help Foran. 10 months is long time Cogger will need to improve alot in that time for us to be competitive next year. Assuming of course Cogger plays h/b ahead of Lewis or if we dont sign an experienced half i.e Corey Norman.
Why do you say that Lamb replaces Cogger?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Cogger went well today. Man Ponga is a superstar. I'm gonna say he is the best young player I have ever seen.
Him and Cleary are a rare bloody breed.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didnt take long for the knockers to come out. And its the usual suspects. Honestly, some people will chuck stones at Santa Claus.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you say that Lamb replaces Cogger?
Because to be fair they are not winning games with Cogger at h/b. Why would they persist with him especially since his going to another club.There better off for there long-term to play Lamb instead of Cogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.