Jack bird

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incentive based deal only - Let Broncos play half, then we pay match payments only for games that he is fit to play.
for e.g - Our $450k is divided by 25 games in the season - so we pay him $18k per game he plays only.

But......, that wont happen, he'd be better off collecting 950k in Brisbane.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Incentive based deal only - Let Broncos play half, then we pay match payments only for games that he is fit to play.
for e.g - Our $450k is divided by 25 games in the season - so we pay him $18k per game he plays only.

But......, that wont happen, he'd be better off collecting 950k in Brisbane.
You can't do that either. It's the same amount of the cap either way.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No denying he is a strike player with game breaking ability... But his medical condition would suggest that things won't get any better for him.... Massive gamble..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People on here say NO to every single player we are linked it. News flash we are coming dead last with the worse roster in the comp by a country mile. At some stage we need to take a gamble on these players. It can’t get any worse then the wooden spoon.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane probably will pay part of the salary next year but he wont sign just for a year, right?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People on here say NO to every single player we are linked it. News flash we are coming dead last with the worse roster in the comp by a country mile. At some stage we need to take a gamble on these players. It can’t get any worse then the wooden spoon.
This is the reality of the situation.

Think we'll just have to take some calculated risks in a few positions? Would prefer him at centre though

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane probably will pay part of the salary next year but he wont sign just for a year, right?
Either way the second year would be peanuts. Just like Foran, NO club is paying big dollars for Bird.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the reality of the situation.

Think we'll just have to take some calculated risks in a few positions? Would prefer him at centre though
Yea I think we have to take some calculated risks eventually. 2021 will upon us before we know it and we need new players. For mine I like the aggression Jack brings and he also has a bit of footy IQ about him which the side desperately needs. You could start him at centre and try and get him fit and injury free before considering a switch to other positions

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon his worth a punt if he comes for 400 k or less. We need to strengthen a few positions. He could play centre, 5/8 or lock for us.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be a great buy at 5/8 with Avo at fullback

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we are just trying to spend the cap because we can’t sign anyone else

Reactions: CCC

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He has one year left, if the Broncos pay half the freight then why not?

People need to wake up to reality, we aren't signing Burton and if we do he wont be here before 2022. I'd rather take the punt on Bird for one year and hope he can help us out of what is looking like another wooden spoon battle than just sit here and watch the same boring football.

If he doesnt work out for us then just dont re-sign him, its literally one year and we arent going to be competing for anything anyway.
half freight is stil 450. alot on its own
need to keep it trill - True and real for this BG - Baby Gangsta; an adolescent gangster

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again they're linking us to every player in the comp to generate clicks..

I'd like to think the club wouldn't be that dumb, especially after Green tore his ACL and we just suffered through three years of injury prone Foran..