Jack bird

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were going to take a risk on an injured / mature player, I don’t mind Bird but would lean to a gamble on Benji.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does nasheed and his hooker mum have more oil for this.
Drop kick of a run place just like our club.
No wonder natdogshit and dinkdogshit along with dead horse shit are so happy with the way we are travelling lol.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were going to take a risk on an injured / mature player, I don’t mind Bird but would lean to a gamble on Benji.
Lol , read this, fuck me dead, we deserve to be perfetic. Are u kidding ? Did i miss something ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage Broncos don't even have a coach, the new coach may want to keep Bird so I doubt there's much truth at this stage.

For half of Bird's current contract (around 450k) I'm sure there's someone better we could get.

Bird was a great player but with his injuries plus arthritis you can't expect any miracles.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People on here say NO to every single player we are linked it. News flash we are coming dead last with the worse roster in the comp by a country mile. At some stage we need to take a gamble on these players. It can’t get any worse then the wooden spoon.
We say no for a reason! Yes we are dead last and we don't want to stay here... By signing overpriced injury prone players we are not going to get anywhere... We don't want to be in this same situation this time next year still trying to get outta this mess

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we never had big money tied up in Jackson (who should be lock) I wouldn't mind Bird at 13 if we paid no more than 350k... Still a massive risk that we are probably better off avoiding

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bird would be a gamble on his injuries. Would regard him as a good signing on small money. But I'm not going to assume that this is more than another of many darts thrown by the media in hopes that a few hit.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Does nasheed and his hooker mum have more oil for this.
Drop kick of a run place just like our club.
No wonder natdogshit and dinkdogshit along with dead horse shit are so happy with the way we are travelling lol.
Nasheed here,
Are you trying to have a competition on how many people you can insult in one post?
Only one thing to say to you.
Check yourself!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's difficult to know what the club should do with future signings.

We've been burnt already when buying broken players, so I've got my doubts whether the club would be willing to gamble on Bird personally. Our next purchases have to be really well thought out and researched. They've got to be the right ones as making the wrong decisions will only set us back further.

Personally, get Bird in on an short-term 1 year deal with another 2 in our favour if we see he's fit enough. I'd also bring Marshall on top of that on a short-term deal.

We need to get this club moving forward again and people should be honest with themselves about what kind of talent we can attract. We're not goign to be buying players that'll take us to a premiership, but players that can make us competitive again. In the short-term players like Bird & Marshall can definitely help.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can explain this sentence in English so I can understand? I don't get it ...
Mate, you don’t strive for perfetion?
If not, that’s perfetic!
Lift your game! :-).

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has one year left, if the Broncos pay half the freight then why not?

People need to wake up to reality, we aren't signing Burton and if we do he wont be here before 2022. I'd rather take the punt on Bird for one year and hope he can help us out of what is looking like another wooden spoon battle than just sit here and watch the same boring football.

If he doesnt work out for us then just dont re-sign him, its literally one year and we arent going to be competing for anything anyway.
Or we could give that same game time to our promising youngsters and see if they can handle the step up to first grade. Best case scenario is Bird plays well and asks for a big contract extension we can’t afford.