Jack bird

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speculation is rife Jack Bird will never play for the Broncos again, with new Canterbury coach Trent Barrett eyeing off the former NSW Origin star for a move to Belmore.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Bird won’t play for the Broncos again because he is injured and will continue to get injured. Poor bloke. Used to enjoy watching him play

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has one year left, if the Broncos pay half the freight then why not?

People need to wake up to reality, we aren't signing Burton and if we do he wont be here before 2022. I'd rather take the punt on Bird for one year and hope he can help us out of what is looking like another wooden spoon battle than just sit here and watch the same boring football.

If he doesnt work out for us then just dont re-sign him, its literally one year and we arent going to be competing for anything anyway.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps ask Foran to leave behind his strapping, sticky tape & elastic bands. They should be able to hold Bird together for half the season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has one year left, if the Broncos pay half the freight then why not?

People need to wake up to reality, we aren't signing Burton and if we do he wont be here before 2022. I'd rather take the punt on Bird for one year and hope he can help us out of what is looking like another wooden spoon battle than just sit here and watch the same boring football.

If he doesnt work out for us then just dont re-sign him, its literally one year and we arent going to be competing for anything anyway.
Because half the freight is still around 450k..for a player that doesn't play. Nope.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People want foran for 6 to 12 games a year. Can't complain if we sign him
Well hopefully we know one or another soon. Need something else to talk about besides our poor performances.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely there will be a handover of the lockers from Foran to Bird. Lucky Foran will leave his crutches, moon boot and vouchers for free physio inside.
both were good players before they suffered from injuries, shame they just don't know when to retire gracefully

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would of been a good signing if he was fit.
money wasted though

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you the imagine the shit that has to be spun by the circle jerk committee to make the board look good if this is true.....

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If we get him where do we play him? I'd give him a run at fullback. Thoughts guys?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we get him where do we play him? I'd give him a run at fullback. Thoughts guys?
Strictly centre.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable paying ~500k (half his current contract) for someone who's that injury prone.