Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reported today those 3 and panthers.

It also says bulldogs and dragons are leading the way. Dragons want him to replace Widdop they said.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reported today those 3 and panthers.

It also says bulldogs and dragons are leading the way. Dragons want him to replace Widdop they said.
Dragons can have him. Bung knees, 800k and all!!!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Bird has played 17 games in 2 years.

His current market value wouldn't be anything more than 400k.

If broncos fork out the other half of his salary for the next two years it would be a fair gamble.

It would be up to Bird in those 2 years to stay on the park and prove his worth when it comes up to his next contract renewal.

Any club who does not negotiate with the Broncos to pay atleast half of his salary have rocks in their heads. Broncos are dreaming that another NRL club will pick up the full bill.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nah I think it’s reported he has asked for a release. Broncos at least stated this.

If that’s the case they might not have to pay a cent for bird.

That said no club with a clue will pay him 800k. He has all the ability to be worth that but until he puts a season on the field together he’s not worth anywhere near that.

Though bird might want to go back to Sydney and might be happy
With a deal for less and back himself? Not like he’s in Boyd situation where he has no chance ahead.

Dragons might be crazy enough to give him 600k+ too. Which might suit him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he wants $$ he will go to dragons if he wants to enjoy his footy again with a team on the rise its us

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dragon jr though so depends on history there (good or bad)

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah I think it’s reported he has asked for a release. Broncos at least stated this.

If that’s the case they might not have to pay a cent for bird.

That said no club with a clue will pay him 800k. He has all the ability to be worth that but until he puts a season on the field together he’s not worth anywhere near that.

Though bird might want to go back to Sydney and might be happy
With a deal for less and back himself? Not like he’s in Boyd situation where he has no chance ahead.

Dragons might be crazy enough to give him 600k+ too. Which might suit him.
There is no way on this planet, that any induvidual would ask for a release from the final 2 years of their contract and throw away $1.6m, unless they have another employer up their sleeves who would pay the same or more for those 2 years. I reckon that is highly unlikely.

Broncos like the Roosters are masters at pushing players out.

I would say the Broncos have leaked "Bird asking for a release" this to the media, to start there process on pushing a player out which they do not want

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
There is no way on this planet, that any induvidual would ask for a release from the final 2 years of their contract and throw away $1.6m, unless they have another employer up their sleeves who would pay the same or more for those 2 years. I reckon that is highly unlikely.

Broncos like the Roosters are masters at pushing players out.

I would say the Broncos have leaked "Bird asking for a release" this to the media, to start there process on pushing a player out which they do not want
I’d agree though he doesnt have two years.

Was reported next year is his final year no?

Meaning 800k and nothing? Is part of that 800k incentives?

If dragons or panthers or us offer a 2-3 year 500-600k a year deal and he wants to return to Sydney that might be enough?

Let’s face it he isn’t getting 800k a year the year after and he knows that.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jack Bird has played 17 games in 2 years.
Wow, that's a damning statistic.
17 games out of a possible 52 games (48 regular season/4 finals).....which equates to LESS than a 33% play record.

He's a fine footballer on his day however he could only be considered if the Broncos supplemented a HUGE percent of his salary AND he had magnificent results from a medical exam.
Without these caveats a person with a 1 in 3 play record isn't a person we should be considering IMO.

It would be statistically unsound.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d agree though he doesnt have two years.

Was reported next year is his final year no?

Meaning 800k and nothing? Is part of that 800k incentives?

If dragons or panthers or us offer a 2-3 year 500-600k a year deal and he wants to return to Sydney that might be enough?

Let’s face it he isn’t getting 800k a year the year after and he knows that.
On current form or there lack of, plus the amount of games he has played in those 2 years he aint worth 400k.

If he does have only 1 season left at the Broncos, he should stay there and prove himself for a new contract, unless there is a club dumb enough to pay big bucks for him

I am pretty sure Bird suffers from rheumatoid arthritis which causes the joints to sieze up, and he needs to inject himself on a weekly basis with a drug called Enbrel.

His playing career will be a short one due to the disease, and that is the main reason he went over to the Broncos from Cronulla to cash in before his body starts to shut down. It was a smart move on his behalf, but any club who recruits him on big money is taking a massive gamble considering the disease he has, along with his injury history over the past 2 years.

Keep in mind this disease he suffers from adds alot more time and suffering to his healing processes during rehabilitation for his injuries

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
On current form or there lack of, plus the amount of games he has played in those 2 years he aint worth 400k.

If he does have only 1 season left at the Broncos, he should stay there and prove himself for a new contract, unless there is a club dumb enough to pay big bucks for him

I am pretty sure Bird suffers from rheumatoid arthritis which causes the joints to sieze up, and he needs to inject himself on a weekly basis with a drug called Enbrel.

His playing career will be a short one due to the disease, and that is the main reason he went over to the Broncos from Cronulla to cash in before his body starts to shut down. It was a smart move on his behalf, but any club who recruits him on big money is taking a massive gamble considering the disease he has, along with his injury history over the past 2 years.

Keep in mind this disease he suffers from adds alot more time and suffering to his healing processes during rehabilitation for his injuries
I heard something similar and completely agree with what your saying if true!

That said I still think a club would give him 400k in a heart beat for 2 years at worse. He’s shown he is a very good player if he can get a run and he did for sharks and before the unlucky injury this year he looked good too.

Let’s not think injury prone players aren’t risked. Fuck we signed Foran on 1mil they report for 3 years. Id be sure a lot of clubs would take bird for 400k for 2!

That said I think a club would risk him at 600k just hope it’s not us.

Also wouldn’t want any longer then 2 year deals for him personally.

The other side is he might want back to Sydney which throws more into it then just $ at Brisbane.

Anyway we shall see but the latest report was that dragons and dogs leading the chase and panthers and tigers keen too.

If it’s true dragons want him to replace Widdop I think they will pay him more then most and roll the dice.

That said think they crazy. Norman to 5/8 makes much more sense.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw an article somewhere last night that no other club wanted Bird, not one offer.:D

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is one big FUCK NO..!!

Dragons can take him, he’s more broken than Fozzy. And as much as we will be linked too every player this one ain’t worth talking about.

Close this thread as well..!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Bird would want to go to a club with a good rep for player rehab, he's always fkn injured.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks 2 busted knees in 2 years ,not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.