Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay him top grade winger money and if he makes the transitions then he can talk
Im not convinced
Slater retires 2 years ago and melbourne have 3 fullbacks in line all of which hadnt played more than 10 games of FG combined in front of him. Melbourne are a club like we used to who could have dropped any winger in to accomodate moving him to fb

Theres only a handful of clubs that can accomodate adding him. Ball seems to be in the Sydney clubs hands in this case i cant see them getting into a bidding war
Gotta remember they had Hughes at fullback at one point also... Why weaken their wing options when they didn't have too.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not really keen on JAC at FB but if it means getting rid of Lewis give him whatever he wants
I guess the question is ...

Are there any fullbacks out there that we could get instead? Is he better than Meaney?

I'm worried about him playing fullback if I'm honest, but at the end of the day we've got plenty of wingers so if he can make it at fullback then we're covered? If he doesn't though ....

As for Lewis. Kid needs to be in ressies for some time I think.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess the question is ...

Are there any fullbacks out there that we could get instead? Is he better than Meaney?

I'm worried about him playing fullback if I'm honest, but at the end of the day we've got plenty of wingers so if he can make it at fullback then we're covered? If he doesn't though ....

As for Lewis. Kid needs to be in ressies for some time I think.
I think cotric has ambitions of playing FB also and we paid him FB money I just wish we where hearing rumours about a decent 7 or 9 rather than paying big money for JAC

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think cotric has ambitions of playing FB also and we paid him FB money I just wish we where hearing rumours about a decent 7 or 9 rather than paying big money for JAC
Agree. But we've got to get what we can get. If he's an option to bring in we should bring him in I guess?

Doubt we'll sign anyone of note in the halves this year. Maybe Burton for '22? I do expect us to get Marshall though which I'd be more than happy with personally.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Swap Flop for JAC.

Offer JAC 600 (same as flop) and pay 100k freight or so.

Then pick up brad takabilanghi who just has been relerased from the eels for 200 or so. Enter 2021 wiz:
1 JAC
2 Reimis
3 Cotric
4 Schoupp/ BT
5 jayden/ Meaney
6 Wakeman/Green
7 Lewis

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People on here sometimes are too black and white pardon the pun but focus too much on oooh hes just a winger etc but players like jac and semi r yes are wingers but are absolute guns and bring alot to the team

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People on here sometimes are too black and white pardon the pun but focus too much on oooh hes just a winger etc but players like jac and semi r yes are wingers but are absolute guns and bring alot to the team
Yeah. Definitely coming around to the idea of JAC potentially coming here. Hopefully he does along with a decent hooker

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see where this lands. I was certain he was going to Souths, then it seemed liked the tigers now...who knows. I have a feeling that the Rorters would have been a bit dirty crashing out of the semis the way they did (which was awesome) I have a feeling that somehow they will sign him as a winger (based on no facts).

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC at fullback is going to be a disaster. It’ll be on the same level as Reimis at centre, and DWZ at fullback earlier this year.

Some players are not made to be fullbacks. I don’t get the obsession with paying them big money to play out of position.
It's the player managers. They tell them on a last contract year to say they want to play fullback to get fullback $$$$. Then after 1/2 seasonwhen it hadn't worked they get moved back to their strong position but are beingpaid more for the rest of the contract.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap Flop for JAC.

Then pick up brad takabilanghi who just has been relerased from the eels for 200 or so. Enter 2021 wiz:
1 JAC
2 Reimis
3 Cotric
4 Schoupp/ BT
5 jayden/ Meaney
6 Wakeman/Green
7 Lewis
I don’t like the look of that backline at all..
I’ll call it now too, Wakenham does not have what it takes to be an elite 7.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Swap Flop for JAC.

1 JAC
2 Reimis
3 Cotric
4 Schoupp/ BT
5 jayden/ Meaney
6 Wakeman/Green
7 Lewis
what a shit 6 and 7 and takarangi is a definate no, thats why parra are flicking him. all the niff nuffs putting Schoup in him have only seen his youtube clips, he hasnt even played senior football, clueless *****

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swap Flop for JAC.

1 JAC
2 Reimis
3 Cotric
4 Schoupp/ BT
5 jayden/ Meaney
6 Wakeman/Green
7 Lewis
NO bro no.. is that U D.Pay?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a shit 6 and 7 and takarangi is a definate no, thats why parra are flicking him. all the niff nuffs putting Schoup in him have only seen his youtube clips, he hasnt even played senior football, clueless c***
agreed Meany will do fine at the back we must address the 9 and 7 I’ll through everything at a 9 get Burton for 2022 and a fullback in 2022

meany
dwz
Cotric
Hoppa
Smith/ok
Avo
Benji
Thompson
Grant
Hetherington
Elliot
RFM
JJ

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upside in dollar value I see in him as a fullback is if you compare to an unproven and injured player like Staines. I'm sure his manager thought of him as 500k player based on 2 games. Now JAC is possibly costing 100k more but you get the fastest money can buy and a proven NRL player. A player that will be the closest to Irvines try record. He might not succeed as a fullback but many I agree with have said, a player of his calabre is worth the risk.