Opinion JAC, Burton and Mansour.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean Pay didn’t help, nor his advisors/recruitment team in spending big $ on Napa & DWZ to be honest. If only we held out after that dog c#nt Klemmer left us high n dry, them big $ we threw at Napa could have easily been used elsewhere, but like you said, the Tigers have some serious crap tied up on huge $$$$. I still think if he has a strong off season, Aaron Shoupp will jag himself a top 30 spot.
Let’s hope so, I think he could be great, pay was woeful, I’m glad he didn’t get a crack at the salary cap once it was fixed, no one would have come across...I’m just waiting for a little more ball playing muscle up front, and 2 X factors, but I think the game will only get faster next yr and a few will get left behind.
Klemmer, glad he left, in this day and age you need an offload, he can only offload backwards because he turns in the tackle, so there is no forward moment, so we may have dodged a bullet, also with josh, Moses, woods and a little to late, but better than never Foran.
let’s put it down to a long few yrs, and just want a rounded performance. Which we finally have the halves for but they are young, they need some good back up

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want mansour, but familiarity isn’t always a bad thing. We also need to surround burton and flanno with great people, meany, dwz, hoppa won’t make them feel safe, high balls, slow, and not strong enough, we want these halves to sign the next contract. If we are still lacking in forwards and backs they won’t be happy. I’m also weary of Jackson, he was horrible the last 2 yrs, Elliot I know a lot of people like him but I just can’t get over that line, I don’t rate him. Britt I didn’t t like, I don’t know I still feel like we have a lot to change,
I wouldn't put Meany, in that category, I think he showed enough this season playing in a very average team to show that he has great potential, he has speed to burn, he is fairly safe under the high ball, and can cover wing or fullback positions, I think under the new coaching staff & the new roster he could be a very good player, especially if they bulk his frame up with the new tough conditioning.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Meany, in that category, I think he showed enough this season playing in a very average team to show that he has great potential, he has speed to burn, he is fairly safe under the high ball, and can cover wing or fullback positions, I think under the new coaching staff & the new roster he could be a very good player, especially if they bulk his frame up with the new tough conditioning.
Hey I hope so, but he has little ball skills, and isn’t bending the line on runs, he may bulk up but injury comes with it. Hey I hope I’m wrong but also wouldn’t be surprised if he disappeared over the next few seasons, regardless we’re they play, you want them pushing for representative games, if you can see meany playing for Australia or nsw one day, keep him, if he’s never going to crack that top 10 wingers......what have we kept?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just need Burton to do what Saab did at the Drags, crack the sads,don't answer your phone or turn up. Next minute your signing with your new club.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey I hope so, but he has little ball skills, and isn’t bending the line on runs, he may bulk up but injury comes with it. Hey I hope I’m wrong but also wouldn’t be surprised if he disappeared over the next few seasons, regardless we’re they play, you want them pushing for representative games, if you can see meany playing for Australia or nsw one day, keep him, if he’s never going to crack that top 10 wingers......what have we kept?
WTF, there are 32 starting wingers in the NRL and at least 1 NRL ready reserve for each team, call it 50 NRL wingers. And you want us to have 2 wingers in the top 10, you are farkin dreaming! The salary cap won't let it happen.

Go Dogs

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WTF, there are 32 starting wingers in the NRL and at least 1 NRL ready reserve for each team, call it 50 NRL wingers. And you want us to have 2 wingers in the top 10, you are farkin dreaming! The salary cap won't let it happen.

Go Dogs
Brett Morris and Daniel tupou, Johnson and burns, sivo and furguson, jac and suli, coats and oats, so all could or have players representative football, all on their day are devistating, if you put meany in that group ok. But don’t say you can’t have great wingers in your team.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Also used to love watching tuqiri and sailor run around. Made a massive difference, I think the size of the big winger will make a comeback with this new game, rules and speed, the 6 again would have suited Wendell to a tee, big semi would be loving it. Just an opinion

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brett Morris and Daniel tupou, Johnson and burns, sivo and furguson, jac and suli, coats and oats, so all could or have players representative football, all on their day are devistating, if you put meany in that group ok. But don’t say you can’t have great wingers in your team.
Johnson and Burns?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh burns is a centre. When he was in it was him Campbell with Gagai on wing.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Johnson and Burns?
Two south’s wingers, I like them, plenty of points abs speed, both better than our current wingers, then you move in and you have gagai, latrell, speed and size.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Two south’s wingers, I like them, plenty of points abs speed, both better than our current wingers, then you move in and you have gagai, latrell, speed and size.
Go back and read what you actually posted "top 10 wingers", I don't see any examples of teams with 2 x top 10 NRL wingers.
Morris, not any more. hasn't been for ~4 years.
Furguson, dropped like a stone 2 years ago, Parramatta would flick him tomorrow if they could.
Coats & Oats from the spoon winners, seriously.

Looking at it another way, Penrith won 17 games straight and the JJG Shield, with Mansour and To'O on the wings, are both of those top 10 NRL wingers? Mansour maybe 3 or 4 years ago, now, they can't wait to offload him.

If we land JAC then we have 1 winger in the top 10, arguably the top 1. The Cap won't let us sign/hold/keep another one, unless we sacrifice some other position to fit one in, which is pretty stupid Cap management.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need any more wingers, if we get JAC then it's a no to Mansour, even if it means a no to Burton.
JAC
DWZ
Hopoate
Cotric
C Crichton
Averillo
Flanagan

Leaves 2 spots open, 1 for Burton and hopefully a hooker or centre.
Christian Crichton is absolutely shite, you do know that

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa doesn’t get a start?
I like Hoppa,He has been a great clubman and he can cover a few positions, but unless we have have a couple of injuries he would struggle to make my 17

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't need any more wingers, if we get JAC then it's a no to Mansour, even if it means a no to Burton.
JAC
DWZ
Hopoate
Cotric
C Crichton
Averillo
Flanagan

Leaves 2 spots open, 1 for Burton and hopefully a hooker or centre.
Meaney instead of Chrichton