Opinion JAC, Burton and Mansour.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we sign JAC and we had to take Mansour to get Burton in 2021 would you happy with our top 30 ? It would definitely have us as the most improved roster. Except for hooker we improved most positions we needed to

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it would be ideal to get Burton across whatever the cost might be. However, I don’t know if mansour would take a 1 year deal. He would want something longer and we need to offload DWZ.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be ideal to get Burton across whatever the cost might be. However, I don’t know if mansour would take a 1 year deal. He would want something longer and we need to offload DWZ.
I think we will have to take a player they don’t want to relieve salary cap pressure if we want Burton next year. Mansour seems the most obvious. How much we pay and for how long must be the sticking point.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No we shouldn’t sign mansour.
I would tell panthers we will back of chrighton and just go hard for staggs.
No we shouldn’t sign mansour.
I would tell panthers we will back of chrighton and just go hard for staggs.
ideally I wouldn’t want to sign Mansour but for 1 year to get Burton there it might be worth it. Aren’t the Broncos offering Stagg a million per season offer ?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz sais we are strategically targetting specific players. We have shed medicore players for next season. To me it seems illogical that he would be pushing to sign a medicore player we dont need to get Burton here 2021.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely, I’d rather wait for Burton if we could somehow sign BSmith, Maybe not even sign JAC if we could secure Smith

Reactions: fro

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need any more wingers, if we get JAC then it's a no to Mansour, even if it means a no to Burton.
JAC
DWZ
Hopoate
Cotric
C Crichton
Averillo
Flanagan

Leaves 2 spots open, 1 for Burton and hopefully a hooker or centre.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want mansour, but familiarity isn’t always a bad thing. We also need to surround burton and flanno with great people, meany, dwz, hoppa won’t make them feel safe, high balls, slow, and not strong enough, we want these halves to sign the next contract. If we are still lacking in forwards and backs they won’t be happy. I’m also weary of Jackson, he was horrible the last 2 yrs, Elliot I know a lot of people like him but I just can’t get over that line, I don’t rate him. Britt I didn’t t like, I don’t know I still feel like we have a lot to change,

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need any more wingers, if we get JAC then it's a no to Mansour, even if it means a no to Burton.
JAC
DWZ
Hopoate
Cotric
C Crichton
Averillo
Flanagan

Leaves 2 spots open, 1 for Burton and hopefully a hooker or centre.
I don’t see the panthers releasing Burton who is a fantastic ,low cost bench player who could easily play 6 or 7 if they have a long term injury. If we don’t take a player. If we could just give their football club money our leagues club or Mr Laundy would have paid it already. They want salary cap relief . So Mansour seemed the most likely way to make it happen now. We might have a new young halves pairing , as well as possibly Cotric , JAC and Averillo all playing in new positions.And Okunbor’s unavailability .His experience wouldn’t be a bad thing. For 1 season.2022 there will be massive player turnover

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No to Mansour if the Panthers want cap relief then they should stop their bitching release Burton and step aside and allow us to sign Leniu. I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tats then would have the cap relief to re sign Stephen Crichton, Jarome Luai, Isaah Yeo, Mister White line fever Brent Naden, Tyrone May, Kurt Capewell and who ever else is left. Mansour can sit in their reseve grade or go to the TigPies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mansour is after 3 years, other wise he would have already signed with the Tigers.....I believe they are prepared to offer him 2 years now that they missed out on JAC.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want mansour, but familiarity isn’t always a bad thing. We also need to surround burton and flanno with great people, meany, dwz, hoppa won’t make them feel safe, high balls, slow, and not strong enough, we want these halves to sign the next contract. If we are still lacking in forwards and backs they won’t be happy. I’m also weary of Jackson, he was horrible the last 2 yrs, Elliot I know a lot of people like him but I just can’t get over that line, I don’t rate him. Britt I didn’t t like, I don’t know I still feel like we have a lot to change,
Is there anything you like? Already a fair bit of the deadwood has been cleared out and I’m sure will go at the end of 2021.... Let’s see how the current guys go under T Baz! The coaching set up is finally *professional* so we should see all players including the experienced one’s lift on a weekly basis... otherwise they’ll be shown the door like Reimis. DWZ has been training since day 1 when he was required to start as of this week with the senior crew... that’s a positive start that he wants to be better & lift his performances

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there anything you like? Already a fair bit of the deadwood has been cleared out and I’m sure will go at the end of 2021.... Let’s see how the current guys go under T Baz! The coaching set up is finally *professional* so we should see all players including the experienced one’s lift on a weekly basis... otherwise they’ll be shown the door like Reimis. DWZ has been training since day 1 when he was required to start as of this week with the senior crew... that’s a positive start that he wants to be better & lift his performances
There is heaps that I love, I love the direction, the way the club has turned around on its media, training, and recruiting, I’m not expecting much but am excited for next yr. which is so different from the last few yrs as promises have been made, yr after yr. so happy the board seems so be all moving in the same direction. Am I holding back because of a few names On out roster, yeah, I think we all are, look at all the threads, there are a few names that have come up that I’d happily see swap out for our players of the past, I’m all for Trent, absolutely but I can’t say we have got much right over the last few yrs, I hate to say it, but we have a few players I’m sure other clubs would not even look at.......bar the tigers

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is heaps that I love, I love the direction, the way the club has turned around on its media, training, and recruiting, I’m not expecting much but am excited for next yr. which is so different from the last few yrs as promises have been made, yr after yr. so happy the board seems so be all moving in the same direction. Am I holding back because of a few names On out roster, yeah, I think we all are, look at all the threads, there are a few names that have come up that I’d happily see swap out for our players of the past, I’m all for Trent, absolutely but I can’t say we have got much right over the last few yrs, I hate to say it, but we have a few players I’m sure other clubs would not even look at.......bar the tigers
Dean Pay didn’t help, nor his advisors/recruitment team in spending big $ on Napa & DWZ to be honest. If only we held out after that dog c#nt Klemmer left us high n dry, them big $ we threw at Napa could have easily been used elsewhere, but like you said, the Tigers have some serious crap tied up on huge $$$$. I still think if he has a strong off season, Aaron Shoupp will jag himself a top 30 spot.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mansour is after 3 years, other wise he would have already signed with the Tigers.....I believe they are prepared to offer him 2 years now that they missed out on JAC.
That would be awesome ! Because Burton would be minimum wage and wouldn’t help much. Hopefully he signs with the tigers