EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard this, any got info on it ?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Just heard this, any got info on it ?
Yes I mentioned it a few weeks back in the Gus twitter thread. Iverson and Danny Ghantous finished up with us after their last game. Not sure what Matai's new contract with them is, but he did have a spot with us next year before moving on.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hasn't really progressed ... lacks a running game.

Mitchell Woods lurking in the background, no doubt influenced the decision.
No kid or player is safe at the dogs, not many kids got a contract from the winning bulldogs Harold Matt’s team,time will tell if woods turns out to be any good

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matai was on good money thus his inclusion as a development player. But other than a good season of HMatts in 21, his 2 SG Ball seasons have been very ordinary. No loss

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No kid or player is safe at the dogs, not many kids got a contract from the winning bulldogs Harold Matt’s team,time will tell if woods turns out to be any good
We last won the Harold Matts in 2011. Only 1 player from that 25 made it to 1st grade. Royce Hunt. You might get 2 from this lot and I'll bet they're contracted.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No big loss, I was shocked that he actually had a top 30 contract for next year, and with BBO now returning, letting this kid go was probably an easy decision.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt matai will kill it there . . .sigh

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big question is how much talent is ahead of him in right now. There really is no point whinging if a player that's a few years from NRL contention moves on if we've got 5-6 players that are going to close his pathway off by getting there and potentially becoming an established NRL player one or two years before him.

Player movement is a regular part of junior development these days. I'd prefer we treat any youngster we let go well enough that if in future they're going well and we want them back they won't have bad feelings about our prior treatment of them.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or course it will, but we don't want to block a very talented young kid either.

Young halfbacks don't grow on trees and Woods shows more promise than any we have had in years.