News Ivan will win best coach tonight – but Barrett deserves the medal

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this for the simple reason Barrett is a very good attacking coach, but that is only half the game. If Ivan is coaching the defence, than together they make a good coaching team. And defence will be something Barrett has to learn AND instil in your guys.
"I think the coaching staff, Trent Barrett, Cameron Ciraldo and Ivan are working together as a team has been amazing with H [head of performance Hayden Knowles]."

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it’s all sounding like TBAZ will do just that, targeting players, all the positive articles etc.. I think 2021 will be a massive improvement. And it will show the direction we will be heading.. and it will be fucking exciting times ahead as doggie supporters.!!! Trent barrett has this .
I'm not a fan of the six again rule. I would hate to see in the GF if an attacking team is down by one and are 10 mtrs out with 1 minute to go and the defending team intentially lies over the ball player and referee rules six again where normally they would get a penalty and take the goal to win the game. Sure they can be penalised for repeat infringements but not if it's the first. That's where the rule stinks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If this article is true, then sounds like we got the right guy next year.

also how are panthers 3rd in terms of tries yet fourth in terms of points scored with one of the greatest goal kickers in the league? Saywot!

Also,
Call me controversial, but I think Sticky deserves coach of the year.
swapping out your grand final getting organisational half who didn't do wrong with an untried youngster from England is PURE BALLS!
im talking big semen filled nuts. Golf balls the size of baseballs.

And it worked! George Williams has been in the top 3 halfbacks in the comp this year, alongside Cleary and Clifford.

Also, their new found depth has to be a testimony to their coach.
Their third string hooker Sterling appears to be a star, Hudson Young has improved, the Turkish guy has improved. Papalii has gone up a notch (despite the game suiting the slimmer guys) and a few others.

he made the semis and that's also a good result. Top 4 is Top 4.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If this article is true, then sounds like we got the right guy next year.

also how are panthers 3rd in terms of tries yet fourth in terms of points scored with one of the greatest goal kickers in the league? Saywot!

Also,
Call me controversial, but I think Sticky deserves coach of the year.
swapping out your grand final getting organisational half who didn't do wrong with an untried youngster from England is PURE BALLS!
im talking big semen filled nuts. Golf balls the size of baseballs.

And it worked! George Williams has been in the top 3 halfbacks in the comp this year, alongside Cleary and Clifford.

Also, their new found depth has to be a testimony to their coach.
Their third string hooker Sterling appears to be a star, Hudson Young has improved, the Turkish guy has improved. Papalii has gone up a notch (despite the game suiting the slimmer guys) and a few others.

he made the semis and that's also a good result. Top 4 is Top 4.
Clifford in the top 3 halfbacks?

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people wondering if it is less about Barrett and more about Luai, Kikau, Koroisau, more experience from Cleary. Massive years from Yeo, Martin? Time will tell...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are people wondering if it is less about Barrett and more about Luai, Kikau, Koroisau, more experience from Cleary. Massive years from Yeo, Martin? Time will tell...
Its the Baztrain, everyone gets a ticket.

1st class for the "TRUE BELIEVERS", Premium Economy for the fence sitters and good old Cattle Class for the "want to believe but are scared"..

Not a fan of cattle myself, normally a PJ"s and late arrival early exit kind of guy, but on this train I am up the back.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They went from 11th to 1st in 1 year with Baz, could be a conicidence, I guess we'll find out next year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1603345144574.png

Why sad face @DinkumDog ? I am on the train just not in 1st class, there is plenty of positives but until we see it all come together and jell its just positive signs, isn't it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 17799

Why sad face @DinkumDog ? I am on the train just not in 1st class, there is plenty of positives but until we see it all come together and jell its just positive signs, isn't it?
I’m sad for you Baz. I was thinking back to your anti T-Baz sentiment. Good to see you’re onboard. We’ll see soon enough how things go but the only way is up. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the mushy peas in the foil tray down the back of the bus :-).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m sad for you Baz. I was thinking back to your anti T-Baz sentiment. Good to see you’re onboard. We’ll see soon enough how things go but the only way is up. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the mushy peas in the foil tray down the back of the bus :-).
Oh, I am not a TBaz fan yet but I do like some of the things that are happening. I always support my club but the proof will be in the results. Just because I am sitting in Cattle does not mean I have to eat like a shleppa, I will BYO some ocean King prawns to dip in the mushy peas and take some "Crownys" along to be a little classy and stuff...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh, I am not a TBaz fan yet but I do like some of the things that are happening. I always support my club but the proof will be in the results. Just because I am sitting in Cattle does not mean I have to eat like a shleppa, I will BYO some ocean King prawns to dip in the mushy peas and take some "Crownys" along to be a little classy and stuff...
The one thing we already have with T Baz that we didn't have with the last three idiots at the helm is all the positive signing chit chat at least,