It's time to blood the young guns

A change is needed, we expect players to be dropped!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys deserve a shot!!
To'omaga
Okunbor
Martin
Ogden
Olive
Lewis

A change is needed bring them in, some players need to be dropped from FG, it's time to promote players show us something Deano!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me either bro. I don’t know how Fine, Elliot or Holland gets a spot over him at this point

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a reset. We haven't got time or a good enough senior group to blood young players.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a reset. We haven't got time or a good enough senior group to blood young players.
Yeah we definitely need to reset. Pay has a lot of homework to do to change this around.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I chose "disagree" but I'm more of a nuanced option.

Yes, it could help if we brought in Lewis and maybe one or two others, but right now the team is in disarray. We have no order and no direction. If we throw inexperienced players in there we're not going to suddenly start winning, we're just going to destroy their confidence and end up with another generation of duds.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay needs to grab Hastings first of all! Which is very unlikely considering no1 wants to come to the doggs..

2012 we had xfactor in the number 1 jersey an our fullback could attack from anywhere on the field an break the line at any given moment to win the game, we don’t have anything near that anymore.

Pay must be shitting himself, 2 from 8 and no tricks up his sleeve ... poor bastard, what a sad start to a first grade coaching gig...

The pressure is on 8 weeks in,he is in over his head and can’t find answers an doesn’t havr a team to give him any either .. imagine staring down the barrel of that shotgun!!

No light at the end of the tunnel, it’s dark times for all involved! Such a sad state of affairs :(

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
These guys deserve a shot!!
To'omaga
Okunbor
Martin
Ogden
Olive
Lewis

A change is needed bring them in, some players need to be dropped from FG, it's time to promote players show us something Deano!
No.
The fact is these guys are not better footballers than the guys we have in first grade.
Have you been watching ISP?
We are very close to winning and need better coaching ideas than wholesale changes, that never works.

Problems we have right now in order:-

1. Service from dummy half especially in the opposition 20 meters.
2. Inability to score points in the 2nd half. Mainly due to the forwards relative lack of fitness.
3. Too much reliance on Foran in the opposition 20 meter zone.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay needs to grab Hastings first of all! Which is very unlikely considering no1 wants to come to the doggs..:(
But can we, for Hasting to play 1st grade I mean?
Are not the top 30 players locked in for the season already?
I think the recent signings are all outside the 30 are not eligible to play 1st grade this season.
Mr. I what's the go?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No.
The fact is these guys are not better footballers than the guys we have in first grade.
Have you been watching ISP?
We are very close to winning and need better coaching ideas than wholesale changes, that never works.

Problems we have right now in order:-

1. Service from dummy half especially in the opposition 20 meters.
2. Inability to score points in the 2nd half. Mainly due to the forwards relative lack of fitness.
3. Too much reliance on Foran in the opposition 20 meter zone.
Agree mate, people are under the illusion our guys in ISP are killing it....they’re not!

They also underestimate the step-up to first grade.

In saying that, Renouf does look likely and may be worth a bench spot, Olive seems ok but his hands let him down and I’d swap Holland for Lewis in a heartbeat...

Or Holland for anyone really!

Our options are very limited at this point in time.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But can we, for Hasting to play 1st grade I mean?
Are not the top 30 players locked in for the season already?
I think the recent signings are all outside the 30 are not eligible to play 1st grade this season.
Mr. I what's the go?
No. All teams only have a max of 29. They have to keep one spot open to allow for player transfer by June 30 - or something like that.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate, people are under the illusion our guys in ISP are killing it....they’re not!

In saying that, Renouf does look likely and may be worth a bench spot, Olive seems ok but his hands let him down and I’d swap Holland for Lewis in a heartbeat...

The funny thing is that when Holland comes on he goes to DH and does bullet passes to supports. Isn't that what everyone has been banging on about with Lichaa? Surely then it follows that Holland should be the next hooker......plus did you see that tackle on RCG where he pushed him back 10 metres. Must be a gun tackler as well.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The funny thing is that when Holland comes on he goes to DH and does bullet passes to supports. Isn't that what everyone has been banging on about with Lichaa? Surely then it follows that Holland should be the next hooker......plus did you see that tackle on RCG where he pushed him back 10 metres. Must be a gun tackler as well.
It is a concern when your centre, with probably no experience EVER at dummy half can throw a better pass from the ground than your hooker who has played the position all his life!!!

Maybe I’m being harsh on Holland as I’m just pissed that we’re using our bench in that matter.

Play a big body there and let Fine cover the backs if there’s an injury there.

We need an 80 minute hooker, who’s name is not Lichaa.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Dispite the carry on here.
Our 1st 17 are not that bad.
Yes I don’t rate Lichaa never have and I don’t see any real improvement in him since the decision to let him go last season.
I have also been highly critical of Elliott, but at least I think he has improved the last two weeks.

The team is underperforming.
Something hasn't clicked and I think Pay missed the offseason.

Our 2nd halves are terrible.
Because our forwards are not as fit as other teams.
They get dominated.
Give up meters.
Drop the ball.
Give up field position.
As a result we have very little opportunity to score in the 2nd half.
Also the teams suppport play is almost non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.