It's like we're just not meant to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL don’t select Frawley and JMK in the halves.
I agree its a very poor halves combination, very poor spine but the issue is there is nobody in the top 30 that can take there place unless we put forwards in the halves. That is obviously pays fault for not having at least another back up half in our top 30 but for the way it is now there isnt many options unfortunately

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it; but I've seen other games, not involving the Dogs, when top sides looked like being beaten by lesser teams with good odds for a surprise win. Suddenly, the penalties start rolling to the team with the shortest odds. Not accusing anyone - just commenting on what I've seen.
Mate I don't think it's more of a bookies thing, its more of a higher ranked side getting all the benefits. Few years back I was told by someone to notice how the top sides always seem to get all the 50 50 calls go there way and tbh I couldn't agree more it's been happening for years now for whatever reason

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree its a very poor halves combination, very poor spine but the issue is there is nobody in the top 30 that can take there place unless we put forwards in the halves. That is obviously pays fault for not having at least another back up half in our top 30 but for the way it is now there isnt many options unfortunately
So how is this Pay's fault? By the time he was hired the squad was already set. It was only releasing Lee that we got JMK. Our salary cap was also stuffed. How could we sign a decent half?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I don't think it's more of a bookies thing, its more of a higher ranked side getting all the benefits. Few years back I was told by someone to notice how the top sides always seem to get all the 50 50 calls go there way and tbh I couldn't agree more it's been happening for years now for whatever reason
I saw a referee betting on a game that he was to referee the next day a few years back. That's why I think that there MAY be something to the betting stuff.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a referee betting on a game that he was to referee the next day a few years back. That's why I think that there MAY be something to the betting stuff.
What a scumbag! Do you remember who it was?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how is this Pay's fault? By the time he was hired the squad was already set. It was only releasing Lee that we got JMK. Our salary cap was also stuffed. How could we sign a decent half?
Not sign a decent half, I meant as in have one of the ISP halves in our top 30 for situations like this eg Lewis

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a scumbag! Do you remember who it was?
Yes I do and I reported it to David Gallop at the time including the time & date & where it was so they could verify it. He wasn't interested at all. I'm not going to name him as I no longer have the details I gave up. It just goes to show how seriously he took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.