Opinion It's going to be a tragedy if we go back to structured footy

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Ciraldo or anyone else besides Potter as head coach I seriously hope the new coach learns from the way we're currently performing in attack and doesn't bring in boring f..king structures again. That's my main fear.

I haven't enjoyed watching our team this much since Barba and J Moz killed it in 2012.

Even commentators like Cronk and Alexander are saying we're amazing, entertaining and a must watch every week.

I never thought I'd say it but as every week passes by I'm leaning more to getting in the keep Potter as head coach boat

Last edited:

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man idk what it is and may he Rest In Peace but I see a little folksey in potter, idk what it is, like the boys have the utmost respect for him. He has an aura about him

anyway .. fuck ciraldo I really hope we don’t get him, it scares me

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way I see it, Gus was able to pick an interim coach with exactly what we needed. I think he's earned a degree of cautious optimism. I pray part of the negotiations were for Potter to stay on as a part of his coaching staff, though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're still playing structured footy, we just aren't being micromanaged or running the same setup plays and block plays over and over again. We're going to need to be more technical moving forward if we want to break down the best defences and turn into a consistent footy side.

Last edited:

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously FUCK ALL UPCOMING ASSITANT YOUNG COACHES! THESE DUMB ***** AND THEIR "DATA DATA DATA" bullshit does not fucking work! Ciraldo will fail JUST like baz did. The clubs needs an experienced old head. How blind is this club? Biggest wins and best performances weve had since 2012. And yet they dont wanna sign Potter?! Gus needs to come out and give a full fledged explanation.

Fuck the laundys meeting with Ciraldo in a bid to sign him!

Fuck complicated defensive structures. Thats a fucking myth. Outside simple defensive setups
good defence is just fucking attitude and will power, thats all defence is in every fucking sport. Attack on the other hand is where the main tactical focus comes in.

Like honestly, what more would Ciraldo bring re defensive improvement? Seriously? How much more can defence be improved outside basic structures and a shit ton of attitude and will to keep going?!

A head coach needs to have the players respect, needs to know how to navigate and man manage, needs to know how to get the best out of his players in key positions. Potter ticks all!

#Potter2030! #FuckAllUpcomingAssistants #FuckPanthers #Fuck Ciraldo.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This worries me too. He’s going to try to fix what isn’t broken….that and the Crichton rumour…ewww

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're still playing structured footy, we just aren't being micromanaged or running the same setup plays and block plays over and over again. We're going to need to be more technical moving forward if we want to break down the best defences and turn into a consistent footy side.
This.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter's doing well. Credit to him. Doesn't mean he's the answer tho.

Have said it before and will say it again.

Coaching and playing when you're expected to get the spoon is entirely different to when you're coaching top 8 and teams in the finals.

There's no pressure on Potter or the team as the expectation was to get the wooden spoon. Anything above that is a miracle.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man idk what it is and may he Rest In Peace but I see a little folksey in potter, idk what it is, like the boys have the utmost respect for him. He has an aura about him

anyway .. fuck ciraldo I really hope we don’t get him, it scares me
No doubt we were watching early 2000 bulldogs yesterday and with probably a quarter of talent.. would love to see what pots can with the team next year.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the combination of having nothing to lose and all the pressure vanishing with the coach walking away has been the biggest difference.

Credit to Potter though, the man has definitely given me joy watching my Bulldogs again.

Would have been interesting to see how Potter went next year with something to play for, but I stick by the club's decision to go after Ciraldo.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keep the current attack and just shore up the defense.

Structured teams hate playing against teams who throw it around,which is most of the good teams