Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

STAR Eels playmaker Feleti Mateo is steeling himself for the harsh reality he may be forced out of the Parramatta club due to salary cap pressures.

Mateo, 25, was a key member of Daniel Anderson's 17-man squad that stormed into the NRL Grand Final last season.

While he is determined to make 2010 a personal breakthrough season, he says he also knows the clock may be ticking on his time at the club.

With young gun Daniel Mortimer, Krisnan Inu and Luke Burt, among others, off contract at the end of this season, the Eels know they have some tough decisions ahead of them.

"I'm a local boy and want to stay here at Parramatta. But I also know there's a lot of talent and salary-cap issues. Whether they can fit me in is another thing," Mateo said yesterday. "I want to stay, but I also understand if they can't keep me."

Eels supremo Paul Osborne said last night he had told Mateo he was wanted beyond this season.

"Feleti's a Parramatta junior, a Parramatta supporter and his family are big fans of the club, so we're determined to keep him," Osborne said.

'But we know there is interest from other clubs."

The Bulldogs and Warriors have both been linked to Mateo - one of the NRL's most exciting players at his best - but he said he was only focused on "going one better with Parra" this season and winning an overdue NRL title.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...feleti-mateo-out/story-e6frexnr-1225821760073

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only he did would luv him off the bench.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Inu, Burt and Grothe will be punted long before Feleti.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a ball playing backrower would be very handy... Id take him over Mortimer

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought he wanted to link with dymock at the bulldogs, sometimes i wish these players would make their mind up. they are like me when i am choosing dresses.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mateo will play hard this year to boost his contract up.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had one super season (half a season really), other than that I don't rate him tbh.

Flash in the pan.

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think he wud be an awesome addition. great attacking skills and put that with roberts and morris would be awesome.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
cap forcing Feleti Mateo out

Salary cap forcing Feleti Mateo out
By Christian Nicolussi

The Daily Telecrap January 21, 2010 12:00AM

STAR Eels playmaker Feleti Mateo is steeling himself for the harsh reality he may be forced out of the Parramatta club due to salary cap pressures.
Mateo, 25, was a key member of Daniel Anderson's 17-man squad that stormed into the NRL Grand Final last season.

While he is determined to make 2010 a personal breakthrough season, he says he also knows the clock may be ticking on his time at the club.

With young gun Daniel Mortimer, Krisnan Inu and Luke Burt, among others, off contract at the end of this season, the Eels know they have some tough decisions ahead of them.

"I'm a local boy and want to stay here at Parramatta. But I also know there's a lot of talent and salary-cap issues. Whether they can fit me in is another thing," Mateo said yesterday. "I want to stay, but I also understand if they can't keep me."

Eels supremo Paul Osborne said last night he had told Mateo he was wanted beyond this season.

"Feleti's a Parramatta junior, a Parramatta supporter and his family are big fans of the club, so we're determined to keep him," Osborne said.

The Bulldogs and Warriors have both been linked to Mateo - one of the NRL's most exciting players at his best - but he said he was only focused on "going one better with Parra" this season and winning an overdue NRL title.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Salary cap forcing Feleti Mateo out
By Christian Nicolussi

The Daily Telecrap January 21, 2010 12:00AM

um. okay?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i thought he wanted to link with dymock at the bulldogs, sometimes i wish these players would make their mind up. they are like me when i am choosing dresses.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think they will drop grothe or burt and wtf is this about mateo being a parra supporter he has always LOVED the doggies I know this for a fact one of my close friends used to work at the arl and I used to come past and talk to the bloke on ocassion...funny he is just about the shyest bloke around but is huge

top bloke hope the doggies sign him up asap

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see what the fascination with Luke Burt is.

He is getting a bit on now, specially for a winger and is safe but lacks a bit of spark.

Inu is a waste of space in that team, Growthe is a great attacking weapon and Burt os for the lulz.

They should make Feleti a priority.

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burt gets results. He would not be on a high salary figure, he is safe in defense and gets the job done in attack. Plus he is a goal kicked.

When Burt is on your win, you dont have to worry about that wing....and thats worth a lot.

As for Mateo....he has talent, but he only plays a good half here and there (Sounds like a Roosters player if you ask me!).

I can see why some people would want him in their team, but I think at the end of the day he is more trouble than he's worth. Better off spending that money on a player who turns up every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.