IT IS WHAT IT IS?????

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
‘It is what it is’ has to be the most fucking useless comment made! It’s basically saying we accept mediocre and let’s just move on to next week for the same shit over and over again... wow this club has gone to new lows
Depends how you use it. It's a saying I use a lot. For me it means whatever has happened, has happened. Just get on with the job as it stands now. No point dwelling on what could have been and what you can't change. Just start taking steps to elevate yourself. I'm fine with that, really depends on the playing group. Do they understand the message? Are they prepared to put the work in?

Its a simplified version of the old Serenity prayer " God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference "

It was noted no matter how our squad ends up in 2-3yrs time. Approx 10 of the players we have now will still be on the roster. So we really need to ensure that we are getting this group ready for that time. Even if 2/3rds won't be around. Be nice to have choices on who to keep.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
how com it isn't 'it' for other clubs that all know how to beat us?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a commonly used phrase. I don't think it denotes a defeatist attitude here. It's simply acknowledging the situation. We have injuries to a squad that already had limitations. People are going to be unhappy with our situation until we start winning games. It doesn't matter what turn of phrase is used if people are already unhappy with the situation.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is normally used in reference to a situation you find yourself in which is not good.
No doubt he is referring to the roster he has been dealt with.
He is full of excuses. Used it at Manly regarding the facilities and is now blaming the roster here.
I will say it again, yes the squad is not great, but Pay was getting more out an even more inferior team.
When your coach keeps on using excuses, you also start finding excuses on the pitch.
He is a very average coach. Supported by his previous appointments and track record.

He is no better than Pay. Zero evidence to suggest he is an improvement.

Under Barrett, this squad will improve with better players (open cheque book), not as a result of his coaching.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Used a lot more since the Irishman came out

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate the results but like his pressers doesn’t sugar coat anything

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When quizzed by journos at post match pressers about why we lost Barrett should shrug his shoulders and quote the older popular saying "Shit happens"