IT IS WHAT IT IS?????

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems to be the go to line.
Barrett uses "IT is was IT is"
Now the players are using that phrase In interviews.

At least we know the players are listening to Barrett

But anyway "IT IS WHAT IS"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs to get the w next week heard it here first
Hopefully that's not a reference to a scrabble game. If nothing else we finished pretty strongly despite having one less player on the field vs the cowboys. We blew a couple of scoring opportunities late too. So hopefully it adds a touch of self belief and we actually get a few lucky bounces. I have hope every week that we'll get the W. We aren't finals bound this year, but I doubt we'll wind up with the spoon somehow.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is normally used in reference to a situation you find yourself in which is not good.
No doubt he is referring to the roster he has been dealt with.
He is full of excuses. Used it at Manly regarding the facilities and is now blaming the roster here.
I will say it again, yes the squad is not great, but Pay was getting more out an even more inferior team.
When your coach keeps on using excuses, you also start finding excuses on the pitch.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is what it is....is a shifting of blame. What I haven't heard Barrett say yet is that certain individuals are not putting in and playing to their potential with controlled aggression and passion. It is what it is.....is an indication that things can't be improved because the causes of the problems are extraneous to his control or the players control. I don't want to hear this. Players had poor ball control at different stages, attempted ridiculous passes/offloads that weren't on, didn't execute sets properly- such that our last tackle kick option was from a diabolical position, didn't set up blind side raids, didn't pass properly from dummy half, didn't take a step backwards and take a running jump up for a high ball rather than turn their back to the ball, players didn't support ball runners, didn't go looking for the ball. I feel it will be a long ugly video session from Sunday's game. Things can be worked on. The way we prepare, turn up and play this weekend is something we can control. It is what it is ...is a defeatist attitude to have as we prepare for this game.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you want him or anyone else to say? Our squad is trash it would struggle to beat mounties, It is what it is.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes I watched an interview with DWZ yesterday and he used it literally 3 times. Personally I hate the saying. It's basically saying nothing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup we will win next week an the week after. Oh so easy lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I watched an interview with DWZ yesterday and he used it literally 3 times. Personally I hate the saying. It's basically saying nothing.
I prefer they just said "it won't happen overnight: but it will happen" :grinning:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you want him or anyone else to say? Our squad is trash it would struggle to beat mounties, It is what it is.
Refer Stuart's comments after last weeks game and Paytens comments a few weeks back.
James Graham offered a good insight in NRL 360 on Tuesday. He said for a squad constantly hearing for 5 years from the top of the Club that we can't compete because the previous administration fucked us over salary cap wise...leaves its toll on the playing group.
Emotionally, how does the playing group get up, when they've been told...they can't compete. Tell that to Jackson who busts his ass every week. Then expect him as captain to go into the sheds and get the lads up for a game. There's 10 or 12 players still there that have lived through all this. It takes its toll said Graham.
So I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to hear it is what it is. I don't expect us to win against some sides who are playing fast open confident footy. But I do want to see players having a dig, making a pact to do that extra effort to stop a line break, to chance their arm and don't die wondering.
We are spiralling downwards and only the players playing as a group can address this on the field. Run hard tackle hard and enjoy yourselves lads.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Refer Stuart's comments after last weeks game and Paytens comments a few weeks back.
James Graham offered a good insight in NRL 360 on Tuesday. He said for a squad constantly hearing for 5 years from the top of the Club that we can't compete because the previous administration fucked us over salary cap wise...leaves its toll on the playing group.
Emotionally, how does the playing group get up, when they've been told...they can't compete. Tell that to Jackson who busts his ass every week. Then expect him as captain to go into the sheds and get the lads up for a game. There's 10 or 12 players still there that have lived through all this. It takes its toll said Graham.
So I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to hear it is what it is. I don't expect us to win against some sides who are playing fast open confident footy. But I do want to see players having a dig, making a pact to do that extra effort to stop a line break, to chance their arm and don't die wondering.
We are spiralling downwards and only the players playing as a group can address this on the field. Run hard tackle hard and enjoy yourselves lads.

Why would anyone refer to stuarts comments? The raiders squad isnt even from the same dimension as ours. We by far have the worst squad in the on paper and everywhere else.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Trump said the same thing about Covid. Didn't turn out so well...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘It is what it is’ has to be the most fucking useless comment made! It’s basically saying we accept mediocre and let’s just move on to next week for the same shit over and over again... wow this club has gone to new lows

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of my closest friend has a really bad habit of saying that and it is really annoying! When she drinks she says it so much that I just want to stuff a sock in her mouth! Lol