Official It all starts in 7 days

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You’ll probably find that’s the line somewhere in the tenancy agreement. Those stairs are the grandstand above which is not owned by the club and perhaps not even part of its tenancy agreement which covers the centre of excellence, the office space, use of the field etc. often landlords will pay for certain fit-out aspects based on the length of the agreement but they rarely cover structural items. So yeah, it is the little things, but sometimes those things aren’t in your control...
Absolutely mate, could be and the fact it’s a complicated set-up, may make it that little more challenging to navigate.

You’d have to think though, that something like that and the state of that grandstand that it could’ve been addressed, again a small thing I know but I‘m a big fan of detail BUT also don’t want to be “that guy” that’s picking apart the 1% of something that is done really well.

Looks pretty sweet otherwise...

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a very easy way to clean those stairs.....just get the "naughty" players to do it. Instead of punishing players who stuff up by making them run extra laps or do a 4AM squat session, just get them to clean those stairs.

I'm terrified of heights so that would be a massive motivator for me. I'd never be late for training EVER

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely mate, could be and the fact it’s a complicated set-up, may make it that little more challenging to navigate.

You’d have to think though, that something like that and the state of that grandstand that it could’ve been addressed, again a small thing I know but I‘m a big fan of detail BUT also don’t want to be “that guy” that’s picking apart the 1% of something that is done really well.

Looks pretty sweet otherwise...
Imagine the bureaucracy when the City of Canterbury Bankstown is your landlord. ‘Nuff said :-).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Barrett came in after grand final and made them change the gym, wrestling area etc around.
And the legend of TBAZ continues.. what a top man, telling it how he wants it, getting the job done on all fronts it’s seems.!!!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I will hold back on praising Barrett until he actually proves he has what it takes to manage the following as a head coach:

1. Front office pressure
2. Player egos
3. Facing adversity (i.e. losing streak of 4 or more games)

As an offensive coach at Penrith he did not have to manage any of those. At Manly, well we saw how he went there.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will hold back on praising Barrett until he actually proves he has what it takes to manage the following as a head coach:

1. Front office pressure
2. Player egos
3. Facing adversity (i.e. losing streak of 4 or more games)

As an offensive coach at Penrith he did not have to manage any of those. At Manly, well we saw how he went there.
TB said some of the mistakes he made at Manly were he got involved trying to fix other people's problems (players fighting each other etc) and he had too many like minded people surrounding him. This time he said he will recruit staff that offered different strengths to him to compensate in areas for his own shortcomings. Manly was a basket case overall back then and any new coach would have struggled. As for players egos our current players aren't good enough to warrant big egos with TB now in charge.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, Steve Hansen won’t tolerate any shit like in team fighting or hidden agendas, he is very much all about TEAM FIRST, with daylight before anything / everything else.

Go Dogs