Opinion It’s time to Unite boys

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's get fair dinkum here. Last night was great to watch and the effort was great. I actually cared about the result for the first time in ages.

But you cannot contend in this competition when you cannot score more than 20 points. We have not scored more than 24 this year and have not passed 20 in any of our last 6 wins. The attack is still a major problem. That's where I have had the big query on Pay. He is a defensive coach and was a defensive player. We will need two things next year. A couple of class outside backs and possibly a new attacking coach. At the moment it is still very poor.

But after being firmly in the Pay Out camp I am willing to see what he does in the first 6 weeks next year when the pressure is actually on. My suspicion is we will come up short again. I'm sick of having to find something to do in September with our team not being involved.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
No doubt.. but to say we can't have an opinion on a player and who's getting game time etc.. please give me a break..

Tonight proved toomaga needs more gametime same as rfm.. provided real go forward.. also proved Lewis cripples our attack

No saying you cant have an opinion just that we started seeing the positives and not always looking for a negative .. every team during any game will have faults shit nobody is perfect just enjoy the run man... i agree with Toomaga but i still dont see RFM having much more he comes in short spurts and dominates .. question on his defense still in my opinion .. Lewis defence was what we needed agree has too work on his attack but we probably let in more tries in with Cooger on the field

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's get fair dinkum here. Last night was great to watch and the effort was great. I actually cared about the result for the first time in ages.

But you cannot contend in this competition when you cannot score more than 20 points. We have not scored more than 24 this year and have not passed 20 in any of our last 6 wins. The attack is still a major problem. That's where I have had the big query on Pay. He is a defensive coach and was a defensive player. We will need two things next year. A couple of class outside backs and possibly a new attacking coach. At the moment it is still very poor.

But after being firmly in the Pay Out camp I am willing to see what he does in the first 6 weeks next year when the pressure is actually on. My suspicion is we will come up short again. I'm sick of having to find something to do in September with our team not being involved.
On the other hand you don't need to score 20 points if you hold them scoreless.

Agree attack is lacking but wins come off the back of Defense. Will we win it next year, no I doubt it but this is a great start to building a Dominant team for years to come. Unity & Pride.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where was this sort of effort and desire in the first 13 rounds when the season mattered?
I think it's been growing all year. I cursed and screamed at the dumb plays, the missed opportunities and the piss weak line defence, but that's what inexperience will do.

With experience comes confidence, Pay has been talking about that for a while now - once these guys get more games under their belt they will improve - and I think we are starting to see that come to fruition.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No saying you cant have an opinion just that we started seeing the positives and not always looking for a negative .. every team during any game will have faults shit nobody is perfect just enjoy the run man... i agree with Toomaga but i still dont see RFM having much more he comes in short spurts and dominates .. question on his defense still in my opinion .. Lewis defence was what we needed agree has too work on his attack but we probably let in more tries in with Cooger on the field
Absolutely.. very happy with the way are heading and yes absolutely we should be United.. but being complacent and not looking for a better option is a sure way to head straight back to the bottom..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PAY BASHERS, Meaney bashers, Tolman bashers, Elliott bashers, Holland bashers, JMK bashers, Lewis bashers, Board bashers. Etc etc. You know who you are. And the time has come for you all to zip up, withdraw your e-pitchforks and jump on the wagon.

THE DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK.

I am formally requesting that the negativity and division amongst this forum officially desists, and that we all unite.

Everything that the staff and players have been busting ass in building towards is coming to fruition. If you still can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel by now then you are blind.

We’re tough, we’re determined, and we’ve got plenty of heart. We’re back baby.

GET ON THE WAGON. ITS TIME TO UNITE.

#PayIn!!!!!!
#GoDogs
I have possibly been your harshest critic in your ongoing support for PAY, but after last night and the commitment and comradeship on display last night I have to admit whatever Pay is doing is working.

The team are united, playing for one another and showing passion and respect for the jersey they are playing in. Josh Jackson for the first time in years showed fight and emotion when sticking up for DWZ against the shit bag Brown. Finals or not I’m loving what the team is doing.

Dean pay well done.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have possibly been your harshest critic in your ongoing support for PAY, but after last night and the commitment and comradeship on display last night I have to admit whatever Pay is doing is working.

The team are united, playing for one another and showing passion and respect for the jersey they are playing in. Josh Jackson for the first time in years showed fight and emotion when sticking up for DWZ against the shit bag Brown. Finals or not I’m loving what the team is doing.

Dean pay well done.
Well said mate. Nothing wrong with opinions no matter how passionate provided they’re non threatening nor personal attacks - but very cool to be contrite on the flip side too. And we’re all in total agreement about how good last night was - so good to see the team we all grew up with showing signs that they’re back! Roll on 2020...

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PAY BASHERS, Meaney bashers, Tolman bashers, Elliott bashers, Holland bashers, JMK bashers, Lewis bashers, Board bashers. Etc etc. You know who you are. And the time has come for you all to zip up, withdraw your e-pitchforks and jump on the wagon.

THE DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK.

I am formally requesting that the negativity and division amongst this forum officially desists, and that we all unite.

Everything that the staff and players have been busting ass in building towards is coming to fruition. If you still can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel by now then you are blind.

We’re tough, we’re determined, and we’ve got plenty of heart. We’re back baby.

GET ON THE WAGON. ITS TIME TO UNITE.

#PayIn!!!!!!
#GoDogs
Yep, I haven’t been on here for mths because of the bashers and haters... I just get fucking over it.
Few here have the patience or understanding of a rookie coach walking into a mess that the Hasler era left us, as well as a young side with no big names...
It was always going to take time, most here are blinded by loyalty and have no comprehension of patience and what is needed in rebuilding.

Self appointed experts that only hinder rather then help.

Edit- good on those for admitting this and not continually being self righteous with their early
opinions.
It is time for us all to unite fellas and get behind the boys

Last edited: