Opinion It’s time to Unite boys

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Defense is great but that’s only half the game. Nothing to play for. I’ll judge rounds 1-5 again next year. Same old same old. I do not forget what happened 12 months ago.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defense is great but that’s only half the game. Nothing to play for. I’ll judge rounds 1-5 again next year. Same old same old. I do not forget what happened 12 months ago.
Except this not what happened 12 months ago. Totally different. These guys are legit.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt.. but to say we can't have an opinion on a player and who's getting game time etc.. please give me a break..

Tonight proved toomaga needs more gametime same as rfm.. provided real go forward.. also proved Lewis cripples our attack
And for a large part of the game Lewis negated theirs.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay was getting in the way of Georgallis.. Only way I can explain the night v day turnaround
I don't know of it was night v day to be honest. There have been signs all year we just haven't clicked particularly in defence.

You can blunt attacks with defence and the last 6-8 weeks it is exactly what we have been doing.

Defence is attitude and we have it in spades now.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
It has been a rough year for the team and us supporters, No matter how much is sucked to be cellar dwelling for most of the season, I may have cussed a stupid play, but not write off the player. I understood the rebuild of the team would take time. The past 7 weeks the boys are playing with their hearts and for each other and it is showing in the results.

Hopefully the negativity on the forum will die down and we can all cheer on our team.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis is an amazing defensive halves player but Foran can't keep doing it all. He needs to improve his attack or he won't last long

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Hahahaha you're being sarcastic right
Bullshit... Lewis was outstanding in his role and partnership with Foran. Man of match for fuck sake and talked up by Slater, Fittler and Fatty. Kind of figure they know what they are talking about...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
N
Hahahaha you're being sarcastic right
Nope. But I don't want to be rude so how any 1st grade games compared to Slater, Johns and Thurston etc. are you packing??

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
12 months ago we didn't play like this.

This is the Bulldogs we grew up loving! Reality is we don't have the superstars to produce razzle dazzle footy...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PAY BASHERS, Meaney bashers, Tolman bashers, Elliott bashers, Holland bashers, JMK bashers, Lewis bashers, Board bashers. Etc etc. You know who you are. And the time has come for you all to zip up, withdraw your e-pitchforks and jump on the wagon.

THE DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK.

I am formally requesting that the negativity and division amongst this forum officially desists, and that we all unite.

Everything that the staff and players have been busting ass in building towards is coming to fruition. If you still can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel by now then you are blind.

We’re tough, we’re determined, and we’ve got plenty of heart. We’re back baby.

TIME TO UNITE. IF YOU AIN’T ON BOARD THEN FUCK OFF

#PayIn!!!!!!
#GoDogs
When the team plays like tonight there's really nothing to whinge about. I guess that's what people do whinge about though - wanting the team to play better / more consistently like they did tonight. If we win the comp the whingeing will be far and few between

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick 3 or 4 more class players in that team, then it's a top 4 team for sure. Their attack never really clicked tonight but they hung in there and got the win. I was actually quite happy that they managed to shut the fox commentators up who were wanking endlessly over parra and moses for the first 30 minutes. But in fairness, they also gave decent credit to the dogs in the end. Anyhow, always good to beat parra-scum, no matter the circumstances.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
PAY BASHERS, Meaney bashers, Tolman bashers, Elliott bashers, Holland bashers, JMK bashers, Lewis bashers, Board bashers. Etc etc. You know who you are. And the time has come for you all to zip up, withdraw your e-pitchforks and jump on the wagon.

THE DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK.

I am formally requesting that the negativity and division amongst this forum officially desists, and that we all unite.

Everything that the staff and players have been busting ass in building towards is coming to fruition. If you still can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel by now then you are blind.

We’re tough, we’re determined, and we’ve got plenty of heart. We’re back baby.

TIME TO UNITE. IF YOU AIN’T ON BOARD THEN FUCK OFF

#PayIn!!!!!!
#GoDogs
No doubt a great win last night, purely based on effort and desire, but we've not turned a corner or morphed into a decent footy side all of a sudden.
In my opinion there's a few factors which have resulted in the winning form, and none of them are Dean Pay related.
DWZ - His style of play and class has helped improve the team. Given players around him confidence.
No pressure - results don't matter when you can't make the 8 so no pressure of the result has increased performance.
Other teams - They've played poorly against us. Sharks were terrible, Newcastle after origin, Tigers lost 2 players during the game.

I enjoyed that win immensely, but I took little joy in watching us fumble our way around the field, miss simple scoring opportunities, fail to build attacking pressure etc.

Where was this sort of effort and desire in the first 13 rounds when the season mattered?