It’s only round 4

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me, all I’m saying is we have the cattle to be competitive one flogging and everyone thinks it’s the end .
Coach needs to go Yes 100% but he isn’t going anywhere.
Do we have a shit team?
No we are top 8 team easily.
Sorry for thinking the season isn’t over.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me, all I’m saying is we have the cattle to be competitive one flogging and everyone thinks it’s the end .
Do we have a shit team?
Its not the flogging, its the the no improvement in attack that is the issue.
Same time last year we were faced with our team unable to score points.
12 months later with signings its the same.
Im optimistic before every game hoping for improvement.
At what point will we be confident of a win instead of hoping?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its not the flogging, its the the no improvement in attack that is the issue.
Same time last year we were faced with our team unable to score points.
12 months later with signings its the same.
Im optimistic before every game hoping for improvement.
At what point will we be confident of a win instead of hoping?
I just think with the players we have we should be able to start scoring, and the truth is and this is my opinion …….JMK is what is wrong with our attack, slow service and not passing to the halves early is making things hard.

By the time jmk pass we have the opposition in our faces limiting our attack, which puts pressure on the player and can’t offload or have 2nd phase plays.

Melbourne defended us perfectly and limited wakeham, Burton and Duffty.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just think with the players we have we should be able to start scoring, and the truth is and this is my opinion …….JMK is what is wrong with our attack, slow service and not passing to the halves early is making things hard.

By the time jmk pass we have the opposition in our faces limiting our attack, which puts pressure on the player and can’t offload or have 2nd phase plays.

Melbourne defended us perfectly and limited wakeham, Burton and Duffty.
I agree but he is only part of the problem.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah it's tough going atm.

The thing all Dogs fans feared...more of the same 2021 play and no improvement.

Just have to let it go and hope for better days. We're here for the long haul but geez they've taken away most of our optimism for 2022 (at this stage of proceedings) :grinning:
Yep, I was so looking forward to this season and our first 3 games showed some good signs (defence) but yesterday took us back to the drawing board again.

Not for a minute did I think we could beat the Storm but if we could have at least got a couple of tries when we had all the possession at the start of the game, and then put up a decent fight for the rest of the game I would have been happy. But we just caved in and got thrashed which gives us another reality check of just how far off the pace we are and how much work we have in front of us just to become a "mid table" team.

Disappointing to say the least

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You don’t agree Melbourne we’re slowing the play the ball?
Bellamy coached Melbourne perfectly against us and Barrett had no answer.
You hit the nail on the head. BELLAMY outcoached and outclassed barrett yesterday. Barrett is useless as tits on a bull
We have the players, and even with the shit spine of Jmk/Avo/wakeham we should be scoring more and being more than competitive.
No way in hell should the storm put that much on us yesterday. We were never going to smash them but i honestly thought we could have beaten them until we couldn't score after 20mins.
Look at the players body language. They look lost out there. And they look defeated.
Change Barrett with someone who can honestly coach (no idea who to replace with though) and we have a top 8 side this year.
Barretts selections, his lack of game plan, desball footy etc etc is killing us, the players and the fans...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do we have a shit team?
As long as Barrett is here we Ain’t doing anything… would love to be proven wrong

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head. BELLAMY outcoached and outclassed barrett yesterday. Barrett is useless as tits on a bull
We have the players, and even with the shit spine of Jmk/Avo/wakeham we should be scoring more and being more than competitive.
No way in hell should the storm put that much on us yesterday. We were never going to smash them but i honestly thought we could have beaten them until we couldn't score after 20mins.
Look at the players body language. They look lost out there. And they look defeated.
Change Barrett with someone who can honestly coach (no idea who to replace with though) and we have a top 8 side this year.
Barretts selections, his lack of game plan, desball footy etc etc is killing us, the players and the fans...
Yesterday was putrid… he should be sacked on the spot…

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might be jumping the gun in regards to this season, I vaguely recall Penrith trashing the rabbits by what 50--60 pionts in Dubbo last year (correct me if I'm wrong) then went on to make the GF and may have won if Lateral had not been susspended.
I expect our game against the Pennys will be a lot closer.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just have to look back to the results in '21 to see that we're much better than last season.

First 3 rounds all close to very close and one blowout. A 2 pt win, 6 pt loss, 1 pt loss and (the outlier) 44pt loss. As opposed to four hidings in '21 - a 16 pt loss, 28 pt loss, 24 pt loss, 38 pt loss. Those last 3 were all to nil! Not being embarrassed by every team is a massive improvement tbh. Two of the teams those '21 losses were vs, were Knights and Broncos too. Not exactly contenders.

We're improving and only going to get bett once the players and positions are settled and they gel. All the changes early on aren't ideal, but Baz is thinking long term. What's the point of selecting players and positions to win right now, if it's not going to work long term? I get people want results NOW. Hell, I do too after the dry spell we've had, but I'd rather a bit more pain now, for long term gain in the next few years. Hopefully Kyle can nail down the 7 jersey and we can build for the rest of the season.