Issac lumelume

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Isn't Schoup meant to still be injured when the season starts?
He will be fit but it sounds like the right centre spot is the most contested position in the squad right now. I like Schoupp but I don't think he done enough last season to walk into the role like a few think and a few others might jump ahead of him with a strong preseason.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Former Storm winger expected to sign with Bulldogs after Christmas break
Isaac Lumelume’s move back to Sydney may see him in Bulldogs colours for the 2022 season.
Lumelume’s father was recently diagnosed with brain cancer, which was the major reasons for the Fijian international’s move back to Sydney.
The Melbourne Storm soon released Lumelume from the club so that he’d be able to be closer with family, friends and more specifically his father.
Since his arrival in Sydney the former Storm winger has been training with the Bulldogs, but is yet to sign with due to a full roster.
However with Nick Cotric’s recent move back to the Raiders a space has opened up for the 23-year-old, with an expected contract to be drafter after Christmas.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...s/news-story/dc0eb3493132cf925543f2613e510760

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People keep forgetting about Braidon Burns. Surely he gets the nod in round 1.

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Burns/Schoupp/Alamoti
5. Allan/Lumelume/Okunbor

Depth: Schoupp, Alamoti, Lumelume, Okunbor.

Feeling sorry for whoever faces our NSW Cup backline next year.
1. Toia (or Casey)
2. Okunbor
3. Alamoti
4. Schoupp
5. Lumelume
So much depth all of a sudden :grinning:
The recruitment by TBaz & Gus has been unbelievable!!!
GO THOSE DOGGIES not just for next year but the next 10 at least!!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will be fit but it sounds like the right centre spot is the most contested position in the squad right now. I like Schoupp but I don't think he done enough last season to walk into the role like a few think and a few others might jump ahead of him with a strong preseason.
Also not sold on him yet..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also not sold on him yet..
He looks like a no nonsense hole running centre at this stage, not much in terms of footwork or ball skills and probably isn't as powerful as I'd like but I'm not sure how much he was impacted by playing in a shit side and with a busted shoulder. Still also only 20. Love his shithousery though and it's something that's been lacking in our team for a while, Wakeham is the only other with it and would probably be up their with the best in the NRL if he played consistently.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks like a no nonsense hole running centre at this stage, not much in terms of footwork or ball skills and probably isn't as powerful as I'd like but I'm not sure how much he was impacted by playing in a shit side and with a busted shoulder. Still also only 20. Love his shithousery though and it's something that's been lacking in our team for a while, Wakeham is the only other with it and would probably be up their with the best in the NRL if he played consistently.
Give Hethro a run there, that would take us back to the McCracken days(before your time I'm guessing) when he was bashing wide running ***** every week for fun.Am joking of course but he would be noticeably quicker than crackers was.

Yeh work in progress Aaron, is promising but needs a weapon aside from the aggression.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Former Storm winger expected to sign with Bulldogs after Christmas break
Isaac Lumelume’s move back to Sydney may see him in Bulldogs colours for the 2022 season.
Lumelume’s father was recently diagnosed with brain cancer, which was the major reasons for the Fijian international’s move back to Sydney.
The Melbourne Storm soon released Lumelume from the club so that he’d be able to be closer with family, friends and more specifically his father.
Since his arrival in Sydney the former Storm winger has been training with the Bulldogs, but is yet to sign with due to a full roster.
However with Nick Cotric’s recent move back to the Raiders a space has opened up for the 23-year-old, with an expected contract to be drafter after Christmas.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...s/news-story/dc0eb3493132cf925543f2613e510760
Poor bastard.

Hope it turns out for him and his family.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp is solid, but Burns is a beast in the games I've seen him play. Reminds me of Bradman Best.

Schoupps defence needs a lot of work.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed, he has the potential to be a top winger. I don’t get the hate he is getting. He is a good winger
It’s out of him and okunbor. May the best man win. Either way both will have a shot at some point during the season

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has some good physical attributes but he's far from a good winger at this stage :tearsofjoy:
It's a darts theory when it comes to that 2nd wing spot... throw enough darts and hope one sticks. Okunbur, Lumelume, Burns, Allen take your pick.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe so. Bringing Lume to the club tells me we aren't confident in the options we already have.
Assuming Gus and Baz would have asked Addo-Carr for his opinion before locking him in? Does give me some confidence he has potential.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Assuming Gus and Baz would have asked Addo-Carr for his opinion before locking him in? Does give me some confidence he has potential.
There is that factor and with JAC giving him some guidance along the way going forward can't hurt.
Hopefully one of the two mentioned will work out for us.....

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This signing is massive.
He Is cheap.
Big, fast, strong winger.
Can turn out to be devastating for the opposite team.
Potential game breaker.
Can only improve.
Worst case he stays in reserve grade and is a back up.

Cotric was on 600k
And he did nothing for us.
Was injured and when he did play Waa not playing like a 600k player

So you can all think about the pros and cons
I say he will be great. Another Semi Radrada

Put him in the back line

1. DUFTY
2. ADO CAR
3.NADEN
4.AVERELLO
5. LUMELUME
6. MATT BURTON
7.FLANAGAN (WILL IMPROVE)/ WAKEHAM

BACK UP
SHCOUPPE/OKONBOR/ BURNS/ALLEN PLUS A FEW MORE.

THAT IS A DEVASTATING BACK LINE